Well, I bought an FM9

What's Hot
I did it again, picked up a s/h FM9 Turbo , bought primarily as a multi fx unit but I went full hog and have it hooked up to a GPA 400 and a pair of guitar cabs, great fun and saves a bit of wear and tear on my Two Rock and Friedman if I want a quick blast when time allows. It really is a Swiss Army knife if you think of it as a dual role bit of equipment 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3408
    Two Rock, Friedman AND an FM9? Like your style, no fookin' about there, no siree!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4203
    NelsonP said:
    Two Rock, Friedman AND an FM9? Like your style, no fookin' about there, no siree!
    At my age, i thought sod it, no pockets in shrouds, just been made redundant after 35 yrs in the same job so I deserved a treat  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepy said:
    NelsonP said:
    At my age, i thought sod it, no pockets in shrouds, just been made redundant after 35 yrs in the same job so I deserved a treat  ;)

Snap!

I've also recently picked up an FM9 for 'fun play' and also sits with a Two Rock and a Soldano. Must admit i'm having so much fun with the FM9 I haven't bothered turning the other amps on, or touched my pedalboard!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9612
    sweepy said:
    NelsonP said:

Snap!

I've also recently picked up an FM9 for 'fun play' and also sits with a Two Rock and a Soldano. Must admit i'm having so much fun with the FM9 I haven't bothered turning the other amps on, or touched my pedalboard!
    I had the same experience !

Barely switched my real amps on since.

Still, my FM9 Turbo is about to be sold I think, as I head down the deep rabbit hole of home recording =)
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4253

Still, my FM9 Turbo is about to be sold I think, as I head down the deep rabbit hole of home recording =)
    How much do you suppose you'll be selling that for if you don't mind me asking?
  • jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 644
    sweepy said:
    NelsonP said:

Snap!

I had the same experience !

Barely switched my real amps on since.

Arguably, the FM9 is a fantastic device to fit into a home studio! I connect mine as well as my RME interface because the FM9 gives you a flawless DI signal to record simultaneously with other signals and gives you zero latency monitoring with your favourite sounds even if you end up running plugins or re-amping the DIs. It's the best of all worlds when combined!

(Sorry Lewy for trying to talk him out of selling it... :#)
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1483
    I've a lowley FM3 std, which I love. I use it either through Monitors or Earphones at home. I bought the Harley Benton GPA-100 poweramp and I'm looking forward to trying that at the next practice,

One other thing that I've done is used it as my pedalboard, I turn off the amps and cabs and put into the front of an amp. It works really well for this in my opinion. So much so I'm selling off most of my pedals. I have a MC6 which I have programmed for scene and patch selection. If only I could work out how to do wireless midi, I could do a wireless pedalboard for gigs!