Wienbrock Gringo, what does this switch do?

What's Hot
PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 992
Anyone know what this toggle switch does please?
https://imgur.com/1f1xmCf
Imagur playing up at the moment, so you may have to copy and paste.
Cheers.
‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1168
    Assume it doesn’t say anything near it? Afaik the gringo has a switch to choose between 6l6 and 6v6 valves but it had been removed on mine because the transformer had to be replaced. I’d say the easiest way to find out for sure is to add Rob Wienbrock as a friend on Facebook and ask him, very responsive 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    from a sale on here - looks like as Alex said    6l6 / 6v6  selector

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 992
    Alex2678 said:
    Assume it doesn’t say anything near it? Afaik the gringo has a switch to choose between 6l6 and 6v6 valves but it had been removed on mine because the transformer had to be replaced. I’d say the easiest way to find out for sure is to add Rob Wienbrock as a friend on Facebook and ask him, very responsive 
    Sounds like a plan, I'll try him on FB. No label by it.
    Cheers
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    ^ that was mine with the switch removed 
  • wrinkleygitwrinkleygit Frets: 269
    On mine there is a chassis mounted switch in about the same place to allow swapping between 6V6 and 6L6 power amp valves. HOWEVER , a word of caution, they work at different voltages and at a guess on mine it operates a different tap on the transformer, my switch is clearly marked in Sharpie, written on the chassis as to which position it should be set, you might have to remove the back panel and turn the amp on it’s side to get a good look, so be wary.
      Mine is at a friends studio at the moment, but I will have a look at some point over the weekend and take a picture for you, Mike.
    Thanks guy's, much appreciated.
    I've messaged Rob on FB, I'll see if I get a response, as there are also three speaker jacks which appear to have no markings either. But I will take another, closer look.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    Alex2678 said:
    ^ that was mine with the switch removed 

sorry alex  - though (meant to) reference you :)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    @bertie ;No didn’t mean anything by it just meant that was the specific one I was talking about hence the lack of switch where it says 6v6 6l6
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wrinkleygitwrinkleygit Frets: 269
    It’s a bit tricky to get my iPhone in there but I hope this helps, can’t post pics directly on here from an iPhone, but they are in the attached Dropbox folder, Mike.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/o872rrgtzwjxe8bw1s0n8/h?rlkey=nuia6tzmarv9tklwysrbnyt6j&dl=0

Thanks Mike, that helps with speaker jacks, but the switch is in a different position. 
       I’ve had a chat with my amp tech and he’s gonna take a look for me and give it a service at the same time.