Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10357
    Third Man have a booth at Namm so looks like we shall find out very soon
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Here it is (Google was my friend)
    https://m.midifan.com/news_body.php?id=49442

You can use Google translate in Chrome to put it all in english.

It's a Distortion, a Phaser (Donner Pearl Tremor), and an Echo (Donner Yellow Fall Delay).

Have to say I'm a bit bemused by that combination, especially the phaser, but hey. It says Special Edition yellow one will be $129 and the standard black one will be $99. Not sure what tyhte distortion is based on but seems to me to be better to just get the three individual pedals if you're after that specific combination? I don't think I've ever used a phaser to be honest, can't say I've heard it all that much in Jack White's music either (think Dean Fertita in dead Weather used one one?) , really confused by that inclusion to be honest. Am a bit less excited about it now

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
     I'd wager it's probably going to be called Triple Threat (Jack White being obsessed with the number 3).

I'm feeling smug with this
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2409
    I mean it looks kinda cool, and it is cheap....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16654
    Err. It's not desperately interesting in the end. Be interesting to see what the distortion is like I guess. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Well the Alpha series that it is based on sound fine but very much just generic distortion, chorus and delay, there's one that sounds to me fairly 70s Marshally and the other is higher gain so I guess more 80s Marshally, neither of which would I associate with his sound at all. Likewise the phaser.

I was looking forward to something based on his general sound in that format, would have been cool thing to have even if it's not that hard to piece together anyway, however I think I'll probably pass on it
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16654
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • For that price you might as well get a Nux Cerberus
    Yeah it kind of just sounds like the normal Donner multi pedals to be honest, very strange choice.

Theyre up on the Third Man website now at £95 or £118 for the yellow one.

More interesting though i'd say was this, build a fuzz pedal kit with no soldering required
    https://thirdmanstore.co.uk/collections/hardware-pedals/products/third-man-hardware-x-the-fuzz-a-tron-standard-black-kit

I quite fancy one of those to be fair

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 794
    So glad it was an authentic collaboration offering something truly unique and not a shameless cash in. That would have been shit. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    edited January 25

More interesting though i'd say was this, build a fuzz pedal kit with no soldering required
    https://thirdmanstore.co.uk/collections/hardware-pedals/products/third-man-hardware-x-the-fuzz-a-tron-standard-black-kit

quite tempted to order this, much better than the jhs ikea thing. what was the point of that? 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28672
    bbill335 said:

quite tempted to order this, much better than the jhs ikea thing. what was the point of that? 
    Just to be clear it says "With our easy to follow and in depth build manual, this kit will teach entry level soldering and electronics skills." 

So I assume you do have to solder it, but the instructions will teach you how if you don't know

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    bbill335 said:

Just to be clear it says "With our easy to follow and in depth build manual, this kit will teach entry level soldering and electronics skills." 

So I assume you do have to solder it, but the instructions will teach you how if you don't know

Sorry yes you're quite right, soldering is indeed required! Silly me
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 502
    I'm quite keen to try the Triple Threat, I can't see it for sale in the UK yet though. Is it only going to be for sale in the U.S.A. through Third Man has anyone heard?
  • Anticlimax that! still reading what hes written on his socials this is clearly a mission of his to get affordable effects out to people that wouldnt normally be able to afford 3 separate pedal so fair play but i agree with previous posters its a strange grouping of effects.
    edited January 26
    Pabcrane said:
    I'm quite keen to try the Triple Threat, I can't see it for sale in the UK yet though. Is it only going to be for sale in the U.S.A. through Third Man has anyone heard?
    @Pabcrane they're here https://thirdmanstore.co.uk/collections/hardware-pedals on preorder to arrive in Feb
    Anticlimax that! still reading what hes written on his socials this is clearly a mission of his to get affordable effects out to people that wouldnt normally be able to afford 3 separate pedal so fair play but i agree with previous posters its a strange grouping of effects.
    That's all well and good but the normal Donner 3 effect multis (Donner Alpha series) are like £60-£70 ish so this has actually made them more money than just buying the normal one (and in that scenario, chorus would be a more useful effect for me personally than Phaser). Very odd, would it have been too obvious to have an octave fuzz, drive and delay or reverb?
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 4154
    The fuzz kit is more interesting to me, I’ve always fancied putting a pedal together and the stickers don’t have to go on!

The Donner pedal could be a great start for younger players.
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1259
    Not for me. I just don't like phasers.
    It's just odd that it's aimed as affordable, when you could literally get the standard one and have money left over for say a tuner or something for the same. It's saved me some money though as I was planning to purchase it originally