SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Fender Masterbuilt Ron Thorn ‘52 Tele

What's Hot
CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4318
edited January 13 in Guitars £
Agonising to let this one go, but the vintage kick continues and have my eye on something that will be financially painful and probably deeply unwise

I have had 6 Masterbuilts over the years and numerous Team Built’s, played many many more, and this is the absolute best of the lot. Check the floor traveller for the full details, but essentially a fully roasted ‘52 style creation, by the amazing Ron Thorn. Was one of the worlds great electric guitar luthiers before his tenure as Principle Masterbuilder at Fender, not like the other random names that keep popping up that got a promotion from the regular shop floor.   Ron has left Fender, but I would not be at all surprised if his become some of the more sought after guitars in years to come.

This one has something in the tone that you just don’t find in many Tele’s, does all the expected Tele things amazingly well, but also has a proper thump in the low end that really takes it to another level with some drive engaged. Much closer to some of the best vintage T’s I have played in the past, which may be due to the roasting or just some amazing wood and luthiery, I have no idea. Playability is off the charts as well, neck profile is a dream, it’s perfectly balanced on a strap. 

Not your average guitar. Not even your average Masterbuilt. A very very special instrument and a genuine work of art. 

Withdrawn for the minute as considering shop trade in.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments