Fender Fuse Software for Mac Anyone ?

What's Hot
DrBobDrBob Frets: 3021
Hi All,

We’ve got a Fender Mustang 1 V2 (I think) in the house that Thing 2 is using for her first forays into guitar playing. It’s cool and all but I think the presets are a bit corrupted and the whole thing could do with a factory reset and i think that in order to do that I need Fender Fuse software for Mac. It’s out there online. Or at least it’s advertised as being out there but when you investigate further you end up downloading weird Zip extraction software or.dmg’s that won’t run. So does anyone have a legit, non malware loaded version for Mac I could borrow ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2363
    Have you thought about using the Windows version in a VM?
  • rprrpr Frets: 310
    I think it possible to reset it by holding the EXIT button whilst powering the amp on and waiting till it stops flashing
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3021
    rpr said:
    I think it possible to reset it by holding the EXIT button whilst powering the amp on and waiting till it stops flashing
    Ooh ok cool I shall give that a try 
  • MickeyjiMickeyji Frets: 108
    If you still need the complete Fuse package, I've uploaded it to my Dropbox. I'll leave it up for a few days

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/h12u00p1itwdx2l566jee/h?rlkey=dl85obng9amf09sh4xzh6743l&dl=0
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3021
    Mickeyji said:
    If you still need the complete Fuse package, I've uploaded it to my Dropbox. I'll leave it up for a few days

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/h12u00p1itwdx2l566jee/h?rlkey=dl85obng9amf09sh4xzh6743l&dl=0
    That’s very kind thank you. I’ll break out the MacBook tomorrow and go and get it !
  • SyncSync Frets: 289
    edited January 7
    Good luck with the reset & updates. 

I dug out my Mustang III v2 and I v2 over Christmas. Hadn't used the I v2 for a long time, maybe 7 years and both were still on original firmware. 

Took me a while to fuse installed then get them updating the firmware properly to 1.9 then 2.2. Thought I had bricked both on first attempt. They wouldn't go straight to 2.2, had to do 1.9 first. I also had to delete the included updates with fuse and manually copy the correct versions of the I and III firmware into the fuse directories. I'd put off doing these updates due to fuse not being supported for sometime but got other kit now so had they bricked then I wouldn't have minded. 

On r2.2 my III v2 still does all sounds Fender as well as any of my modern kit.