How long after you buy a pedal from the classifieds...

What's Hot
CirrusCirrus Frets: 8497
do you wait before you start getting annoyed it's not arrived yet?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    30 minutes.
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited October 2014
    Couple of days.

I usually ask the seller to let me know when it's posted. Partly for piece of mind but also so I can keep an eye out for it at work (I get pedals posted there not to home, purely as they wouldn't fit through the letter box, not at all in any way to hide my new purchase from anyone, oh no not me).

How long has it been?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8497
    edited October 2014

paid two weeks ago tomorrow, checked in a week ago as hadn't had acknowledgement of payment and got a PM saying it'd be sent the next day. Nothing since.

It's not an expensive transaction, it's just that I was planning on using it for a gig this Saturday which'd have meant using it at practice this evening to get it dialled in...

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    That's not good form at all.
  • That's shit.  Would not be happy.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4065
    At the very least I think one can expect good communication.  Even if it's to say your leg's fallen off, can't send the item till Monday.  But 24-48 hours before despatch seems not unreasonable.
  • Ooooo…. is this the return of the con-artist formally known as Adoph Hipster?

Tune in next week for another exiting episode of 'Dude, where's my pedal!'.

In all seriousness though, 4 days. 1-2 days to actually be posted, and another 1-2 for it to turn up. 

Hope it shows up soon.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The weird thing is, it's a pedal I previously sold to someone else on this forum. I saw the picture and thought cool, I'll have that back...
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Couple of days.

I usually ask the seller to let me know when it's posted. Partly for piece of mind but also so I can keep an eye out for it at work (I get pedals posted there not to home, purely as they wouldn't fit through the letter box, not at all in any way to hide my new purchase from anyone, oh no not me).

How long has it been?

I get pedals delivered to work too, due to me being there, and not at home when the postman brings them (my home postie isn't always reliable - I've had stuff delivered next-door* more than once........)

*or further afield

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    After 5 working days i would be pulling the hairs off it!!
    I dont think its unreasonable for you to be a bit pissed off.
  • I usually ask for a courtesy pedal while I'm waiting for the proper one to arrive.
    Old Is Gold
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Cirrus said:

paid two weeks ago tomorrow, checked in a week ago as hadn't had acknowledgement of payment and got a PM saying it'd be sent the next day. Nothing since.

It's not an expensive transaction, it's just that I was planning on using it for a gig this Saturday which'd have meant using it at practice this evening to get it dialled in...

what kinda pedal is it, mnaybe someone will lend you one...
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • I often scan the registered delivery receipt and pm it to the receiver as proof of posting. Just seems like good manners to show what you've done and when.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1332
    I've had pedals bought from here and other forums take over a week to arrive with no communication at all.

I don't mind usually as long as I'm kept informed, as I know people have busy lives and it's not always easy to get to a post office. I'll often just PM the seller asking then to let me know when it's been posted so I can keep an eye out for it at work, but still usually results in nothing. It's just rude IMO.

When selling, I always drop a message to the buyer when it's been posted.

• ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    Couple of days, I've been impressed so far by traders delivery, often faster than the retail outlets.

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    frankus said:
    Cirrus said:

what kinda pedal is it, mnaybe someone will lend you one...
    odds on its a Delay!
    15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    frankus said: what kinda pedal is it, mnaybe someone will lend you one...
    'tis a lowly SD-1. I'm sure the punters at the gig will cope, I'll maybe just bring a box of tissues in case anyone gets a bit teary when my solos aren't
    quite as sustained as usual.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I usually ask for a courtesy pedal while I'm waiting for the proper one to arrive.

I'll remembner this if I ever buy a pedal from you........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12484
    A two week wait is just taking the piss. Once a seller has the money in their account it's just rude not to send the goods ASAP. I always keep the buyer in the loop with time of posting too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    @Cirrus can lend you an 808 for the gig if you want. Message me your addy by midday tomorrow and you should have it on Sat, courier bedshit notwithstanding.

Send it back after, please ;)
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom