SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Seth Baccus Nautilus Modern - Withdrawn

JamesDadJamesDad Frets: 38
edited January 23 in Guitars £

I have re-posted this as a new discussion having added extra pictures.

When I bought this recently there wasn’t much information on the specs, so I emailed Seth and he replied with:

“From memory I think it’s a medium C type neck shape and medium jumbo frets. Probably around a 2.5mm crown width (same as a Gibson)

Bridge pickup was a juggernaut. Neck a Mississippi Queen.

The body is swamp ash, maple top, mahogany neck, rosewood fb.

Off the top of my head, I built it in 2016 ish I think. Looks in good condition!

Was a really nice sounding guitar. New price would be around £5k now days.”

I’ve now measured the frets are they around the same as Dunlop 6150 (Jescar FW47104), so similar to a PRS McCarty 594 (having measured mine before I sold it), and the neck certainly feels like a medium C as Seth says. Quite Strat-like in a way, especially having a 25.5” scale length, making it a bit different to a usual single cut guitar. Ideal for someone who wants a more Gibson-type vibe, but a Fender-type feel.

According to the label on the case it is in "Trans Black".

Anyone who has tried or read about Seth's guitars will know in what high regard they are held, and this is no exception. The detail & finish is superb, and as good as any you will find anywhere.

As you can see in the pictures, this is in very good condition and looks like it’s hardly been played as there are no real marks and no fret wear either.

This originally came with knurled control knobs, but I swapped them for a set of black/clear lampshade speed control knobs (PRS-style). I've shown the guitar fitted with both and will include both sets in the sale, so you can fit whichever you prefer.

So, why am I selling? Basically, I bought it on a bit of a whim and, unfortunately, with the two PJE guitars I have this just isn’t getting played, which is a shame as it’s a lovely guitar, so I decided it should go to a new home.

Pics here: 

https://imgur.com/a/ohuYv5T
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments