SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

All Sold

CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2061
edited February 8 in Guitars £
1998 PRS McCarty Hollowbody 2 -SOLD

I took this one on tentatively in part trade against a vintage strat as I don’t know one PRS from the next so hopefully I valued it correctly and describe it accurately… I’m sure you guys will keep me right.

It’s a 1998 McCarty Hollowbody II in Teal Black finish. All round good condition but not pristine with some marks and buckle rash not uncommon for a guitar of this age. Pickups are a bit of an anomaly. I was told it has original neck pup with bareknuckle in the bridge and a changed pot but original bridge pup and pot included. Once I did a bit of research I realised the labels on the McCarty pups should say Archtop however they just state McCarty Bass & McCarty Treble (see pic of bridge pup). I can only speculate one of the following scenarios 

1 - A previous owner swapped the Archtop pups for McCarty ones. Pups are dated 1999 so maybe this is most likely

2 - The non Archtop versions were factory installed in error 

3 - The wrong labels were put on the pups again a factory error

Maybe a forum member has another possible explanation. I include pics of the pup readings should this info be useful.

Sale includes all 3 pups (2 McCarty’s and the Bareknuckle currently installed in the bridge)

£3000 or would consider trading for a Gibson or Fender guitar which I know more about 

Neck Reading

Bridge reading

2008 Gibson Flying V 50th Anniversary Limited Edition

Selling this one for a mate, he is open to trades for a Gibson SJ-200.

Overall great condition rare limited run Gibson Flying V celebrating their 50th anniversary. More pics on request and any questions just ask.

Truss cover is a specially made replacement otherwise all original.

£2500 plus postage -SOLD

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments