Laney Iron heart...again?

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2AEicwMm3i/?igsh=MW1ndTUzamp4azRnbw==

So looks like Laney are re-releasing the Iron heart range with heads and the combo as well as a plugin. Interesting.... As there are a few upgrades to the "gain and pre boost" technology. 

I loved my Laney IRT so I'd be interested to try these again...
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2570
    edited January 12
    All the details are now on the website too, plus the LFR-412, which is 42kg.

Web page says the new Ironhearts are made in the UK factory so I'm intrigued to see what price point they'll be put out at - https://www.laney.co.uk/amps/guitar/ironheart
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    $1300 for the combo in Sweetwater apparently 
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4198
    I used to own an IRT60 which I foolishly sold.

I've got the little Iron heart Dual Too head now and it's fantastic.

But I must admit I can't help being tempted with a Laney UK built Iron heart. Must resist. 

• FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4308
    edited January 13
    Pointless paying $1499 for one of these or the £ equivalent. 

Just this week sold my original Iron heart 60 head for £275. Why on earth would you buy a new one when the original can be had for £275-350 all day long. 
    Because there is a new gain circuit and preboost. So I'd like to hear them A/B-ed
  • Jetfire said:
    Because there is a new gain circuit and preboost. So I'd like to hear them A/B-ed
    ‘New enhanced boost circuitry on the UK built BCC-IRONHEARTS allows you to drive the amp hard without any of the muddiness and uncontrollable low end associated with lesser amps’

The gain circuits remain the same. The only new thing is the newly ‘Enhanced boost circuitry’ and that was never an issue on the first model in the first place. Marketing talk as normal. Save your money and get an old one.  
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2AEicwMm3i/?igsh=MW1ndTUzamp4azRnbw==

Lee says gain circuits.are different *shrug*
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1244
    edited January 14
    Hmm, the IRF Dualtop looks interesting. You don't get many companies making traditional looking small form SS heads (i.e. not micro or full size). Most seem to be put into pedal format which i'm not a fan of, but can tolerate. Not a fan of amps with lights inside them though. I kind of wish that Peavey would have made Bandit heads like this.
  • Jetfire said:
    Will see what comes out but the website doesn’t say anything about new gain circuits only the boost comment. 
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 576
    FWIW I'm warming to the old Laney VC30 I picked up recently. The digital reverb in it is a bit meh but nothing that can't be fixed with a good pedal. Cheap as chips and you can do wonders with a change of speaker.

I was going to move it on but it has become the travelling amp for the moment and I'm liking it more the more I use it. I'd definitely recommend taking a look at one of these things if there's one in your neighbourhood.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Will this model make it a bit more like the ti100 then?
    Will this model make it a bit more like the ti100 then?
    Not sure I understand the question?
  • AdeyAdey Frets: 2780
    Babones said:
    Hmm, the IRF Dualtop looks interesting. You don't get many companies making traditional looking small form SS heads (i.e. not micro or full size). Most seem to be put into pedal format which i'm not a fan of, but can tolerate. Not a fan of amps with lights inside them though. I kind of wish that Peavey would have made Bandit heads like this.

I really liked my IRT, especially the red light in it! It looked fantastic!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3167
    Babones said:
    But that’s where the tone is!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3167
    edited January 26
    A grand? No thanks. Not when I can get one second hand for £300ish. People would buy these because they used to be a great amp for a great price. But for that money you’re competing with EVH5150III territory, personally I feel the EVH is a better amp.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4308
    edited January 26
    Stevepage said:
    A grand? No thanks. Not when I can get one second hand for £300ish. People would buy these because they used to be a great amp for a great price. But for that money you’re competing with EVH5150III territory, personally I feel the EVH is a better amp.

Exactly what I said earlier on in the thread. 

It’s all marketing BS this time around. 

Also they’re saying the boost circuit is improved as if there was an issue with the old one not being tight enough. Believe me it was tight 

Sold mine for £275 so why on earth would you pay £1000 for one. 
    Stevepage said:

Exactly what I said earlier on in the thread. 

It’s all marketing BS this time around. 

Also they’re saying the boost circuit is improved as if there was an issue with the old one not being tight enough. Believe me it was tight 

Sold mine for £275 so why on earth would you pay £1000 for one. 
    Can't wait for someone to A/B them and find no difference