???!!!???

What's Hot
Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
edited October 2014 in Off Topic
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Gulp.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    This might be in the wrong section.
  • This might be in the wrong section.
    fixed... my bad
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Anyone for a fry-up.......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12484

Eeek, the Chinese woman with the cooking oil. :-S

Some of the others are just them getting old. Or porky. Or both.

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    These click bait sites... condeming Keanu and Val Kilmer for getting fat... not healthy thinking.

It's like Hello Magazine.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • frankus said:
    These click bait sites... condeming Keanu and Val Kilmer for getting fat... not healthy thinking.

It's like Hello Magazine.
    I agree it's tittle-tattle. However if getting fat isn't somehow deprecated, the great unwashed won't ever think that there could possibly be anything wrong with it. True, a lot of them don't already, but via tittle-tattle about "celebs" is probably the only route via which they would receive such a message.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3108
    edited October 2014
    It's there to make us feel better about ourselves. Even rich successful people can't stay away from the Pringles and choccy d's. :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• martmart Frets: 5205
    I agree it's tittle-tattle. However if getting fat isn't somehow deprecated, the great unwashed won't ever think that there could possibly be anything wrong with it. True, a lot of them don't already, but via tittle-tattle about "celebs" is probably the only route via which they would receive such a message.
    Interesting point of view. To me it doesn't seem that the strategy is working, and I'm not sure the price of the collateral damage is worth what little effect it is having.

Or maybe your tongue was firmly in your cheek?
  • @mart I was partly being t-i-c ... I did think about the usual news items and the things that are said in popular newspapers, plus what gets said at the doctor's, about healthy eating and not being overweight. Then I thought, yes, but the great unwashed are most of them lard-arses so they can't be taking any notice. Then I mused that tittle-tattle about fat celebs might be the most likely route for the message to get through. Maybe some SOAP characters getting fat and then making the effort to eat properly and lose weight might also help get the message through.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I'd be inclined to disagree too, people already know the health threats and choose to ignore them because they don't think they've the ability to change. Favourite way of distracting themselves with the myth of "super-men"

Celebs are different, we all know they have ability to do anything - even when their personal pictures are leaked, we KNOW they did it on purpose for publicity.

So when a celeb falls down that's proof that they're stupid and over privileged, or it's that they're having a hard time is proof they never were celebs anyway. As much force as there is keeping them on a pedestal there's a will to see them pilloried should they fall.

It's true of all false gods worshipped by cargo cults ;)

The important things to remember is: 1) Not to get distracted and 2) OMFG have you seen what Pete Docherty has done to his hair.. he is not a celeb... not like Cumberbatch..
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10381
    Bloody hell.

I've heard of butter face but that's just taking the piss.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    @mart I was partly being t-i-c ... I did think about the usual news items and the things that are said in popular newspapers, plus what gets said at the doctor's, about healthy eating and not being overweight. Then I thought, yes, but the great unwashed are most of them lard-arses so they can't be taking any notice. Then I mused that tittle-tattle about fat celebs might be the most likely route for the message to get through. Maybe some SOAP characters getting fat and then making the effort to eat properly and lose weight might also help get the message through.
    Fair enough. I think you're right to apply a bit of lateral thinking about how to get the message across. I can see soaps being quite effective, although I suspect they're losing the power they used to have, because of them having been used to push so many agendas over the years.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11408
    I'm sure she just wanted to look like a celebrity.

Magical creation: Bagpuss was perfect family-friendly viewing
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

That's quite insulting.

To Bagpuss.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I'd do her