Sending a Pedal to Argentina..

What's Hot
welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
OK, received a good offer on my RM Voodoo 1 through Ebay, only trouble is the buyer is in Argentina!!

Seems legit enough, how does the likes of Royal Mail's tracked/signed service for that with regards to the worse case scenario of the pedal going missing in transit?

Anybody had experience with this?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    welshboyo said:
     the worse case scenario 
    You mean upsetting them and starting a war?

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    welshboyo said:
     the worse case scenario 
    You mean upsetting them and starting a war?

LOL
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Seriously though I'd suggest looking at couriers (UPS and the like) rather than just dropping it off at the PO.

However a quick look on interparcel for a 5kg 20cm x 20cm x 20cm parcel would cost about £80
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    yeah, seen that, PO seem to be about 20 quid with a compo of 250, which seems reasonable enough...
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    I've sent to Argentina in the past - I used Royal Mail, tracked and signed for. It was about £18 iirc. Pack the shit out of it and don't include a battery otherwise they might reject it if they X-ray the box.

Got there fine. Took about a week, no problem at all. As long as you get a tracking no, and make sure it's signed for, you should be cool.
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 915
    No experience of Argentina, but spent 4 years living in Brazil - would think it`s fairly similar as the two countries tend to have similar systems.

In Brazil the danger was always customs coming in - even with couriers - packages could on a random basis spend months in customs awaiting payment of import tax (in Brazil upto 100% of item value). So make sure buyer is paying all import tax, wrap well and use a good courier!

In fairness, most of the muso friends I knew in Brazil were very well aware how difficult it was to import stuff and were appreciative of sellers who were prepared to ship there.

Good luck!

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24865
    It doesn't have the numbers 1, 2, 8 & 9 in any 'unfortunate' order in the serial number, does it?

They tend to be quite touchy about that....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73049
    edited October 2014
    Some packing tips for you
    Or you could use this. It's intended as a poster but it's about the right size to wrap a pedal box in.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Enclose a selection of Jeremy Clarkson's writings.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom