SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

CLOSED

What's Hot
mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 506
edited January 19 in Studio & Rec £
As above

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6821
    I’m interested- was it bought from a uk store (ie not eBay)?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 506
    I bought it from eBay but checked it all out carefully. 
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    If mrkb doesn’t take it can I grab it? 

@robwright - Im not going to risk it - feel free.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks for your useful insight @mrkb ; that's right up there along with carping about the price. I'm sure not everything on eBay is suspect. I did my homework. @robwright I'd be delighted if you wanted to grab it. 
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    PM sent

Thanks for your useful insight @mrkb ; that's right up there along with carping about the price. I'm sure not everything on eBay is suspect. I did my homework. @robwright I'd be delighted if you wanted to grab it. 
    I have bought from you before Matt (a Stratasonic about 10 years ago) and trust you wouldnt knowingly sell a fake. But the ebay source and the spelling mistake on the cover "verstaile" made me cautious. If you want to post extra photos that show that it doesnt have any of the usual fake features (you only posted two distant photos in your ad) then Im happy to reconsider it. What did you check out to when you did your homework?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Well, despite my diligence, I have to admit that some more checking does indicate this could be a fake, so I am withdrawing it. @mrkb I think despite my initial annoyance, you are right :-(
  • WhistlerWhistler Frets: 322
    @mattacjones , I am sorry to read that you have a fake mic, especially after you had been diligent in your pre-purchase checks. I am curious to know what happens now (on principle): will you be able to get ebay to refund you for it now that you have discovered it is fake or are you stuck with it because the purchase has been completed?
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1423
    Might also be worth sharing the seller account to prevent others falling into the same error.
    I inadvertently bought a fake e945 from eBay a few years ago, but thankfully found a great YouTube video that showed what to look for, and I raised a refund claim with eBay within a week. It’s a nightmare avoiding the fakes on eBay for certain popular mics.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • uksaint7uksaint7 Frets: 308
    Ebay is fine as long as you buy from a dealer. Same goes for strings, you have to get them from a proper shop regardless of the selling platform.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkb said:
    I have bought from you before Matt (a Stratasonic about 10 years ago) and trust you wouldnt knowingly sell a fake. But the ebay source and the spelling mistake on the cover "verstaile" made me cautious. If you want to post extra photos that show that it doesnt have any of the usual fake features (you only posted two distant photos in your ad) then Im happy to reconsider it. What did you check out to when you did your homework?

Great spot Eagle Eyes! As an aside, I always wondered where that Strat-O-Sonic went as I had my eye on it for ages and dithered.

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691
    Sadly eBay seems rife with fake mics. I had a near miss on one this week as well. Although it’s currently “Schrödinger's microphone” as I’ve received the refund but can also see from tracking that it’s in transit.