New Hand Wired Vox Amps 2024

What's Hot
cathodynecathodyne Frets: 25
edited January 18 in Amps
Vox have announced a new series of 'hand wired' amps:  https://voxamps.com/en-gb/series/hand-wired-en-gb/
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 569
    Oh no . . . The new Hand Wired AC30 doesnt have Vibrato circuit :-(      Hmmm . . . It does have Reverb though :-)
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 928
    Master volume too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2382
    Meh, just built my own.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27743
    edited January 18
    These look like exactly what I want from an AC and nothing I don't need. Very keen to try. Hopefully they do the big chime thing without the rasp

Odd to include a video on the product pages as they all seem to go to a 9-year old video of the AC30HW2X... ?? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1199
    So basically "handwired" C1/C2s with fewer features? 
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1562
    Not sure I would give up my featureful AC15C1 for any of these! Lovely as they look. 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1199
    Yorkie said:
    Not sure I would give up my featureful AC15C1 for any of these! Lovely as they look. 
    Me neither, and we haven't seen the prices of these new amps yet. I suspect too much and not worth it.
  • NickBNickB Frets: 280
    I had an AC15HW. Easily drowned out by a band, heavy and was very stiff. 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5903
    I’ve had several of the Vox HW offerings and while I have mostly liked them, it’s not exactly like buying a Rift in terms of build quality. The attraction to me is more about a different take from the standard models. They tend to be a little more raw and focused, in fact I don’t think they’ve even had reverb before now. 

Will be interesting to see what these are like. And of course, how overpriced??
  • Very interested in the new handwired AC10…
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    Yorkie said:
    Me neither, and we haven't seen the prices of these new amps yet. I suspect too much and not worth it.
    I have the head version but just for tracking at home. It's dead good and super versatile. From lush to scuzzy
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4250
    These look like exactly what I want from an AC and nothing I don't need. Very keen to try. Hopefully they do the big chime thing without the rasp

Odd to include a video on the product pages as they all seem to go to a 9-year old video of the AC30HW2X... ?? 

Yup, and the sound clips are the AC30C2! The guitars in the pics have been discontinued for years too though, so maybe they'll update the rest of the media and links one day/century...!
  • allenallen Frets: 773
    Very interested in the new handwired AC10…
    Ditto
  • pmgpmg Frets: 301
    What I want is a vintage ac10 twin 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5903
    pmg said:
    Epically good amp  <3
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 916
    dazzajl said:
    pmg said:
    Epically good amp  <3
    I had one of these. It was great until it caught fire on stage. I got it fixed up, but somehow I never quite vibed with it after that.  The bias trem was lovely though.

Part of me is drawn to trying a modern hardwired take on it with a single 12”, so I may check these out if I run across one.
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • allenallen Frets: 773
    There is a bit of talk on TGP (so obviously could be rubbish) that there aren't enough preamp valves in the AC10 to make it all tube - which would then indicate it was the same preamp design as the current AC10C1. Over there the current AC10C1 is not consider a toob amp as it has some solid state stuff in the preamp.

As far as I am concerned this would be brilliant news as the current AC10C1 sounds great.
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 658
    No wonder you haven’t been able to buy the normal valve heads and combos for months.