Currently 7 second hand TMDRs on ebay

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LittlejonnyLittlejonny Frets: 157
    I get and understand that. Not an apples to apples in terms of sound, but my 1974x lives next to my TMDR. Both unmuzzled there’s that bit more breathing/liveliness to the valve amp against how I’m playing. The TMDR still has reasonable levels of responsiveness though, just the 1974x has more.

As soon as the attenuator is clicked back though, the gap significantly narrows and everything is that bit stiffer.

I suspect if I was starting from wanting the best gigging amp for me and then making it usable at home it would be a different equation to that where the primary goal is a good tone at home without pissing my neighbours off.
    Yea you can't really tell too much about an amp, a guitar at low volumes so it's good you've let it loose a bit to compare. 

I use a Friedman Small Box and before that I had a BE50, before that a Carol Ann Tucana 3. I've tried all manner of modern lightweight amps to try and get a lightweight solution that's comparable to a great valve amp but I just can't do it because I hear a huge difference when playing live. When they catch up I'll be the first to adopt it, until then I'll keep spending money hoping it has lol! 
    So you didn’t dig the St James either. That was my other hope. Was it just weak at gig volume?

I swear I could design Fender a best-selling amp: Single channel, 2 inputs, volume, treble middle bass with twin tone stack, bright switch, transistor tremolo and digital reverb, lightweight pine cab, 12 inch Celestion or Jensen. Done. 

Basically, the recent custom pro reverb but with digital fx and solid state rectifier to keep the costs and weight down. 

Anyway, that’s a bit off topic isn’t it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom