SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Gibson Les Paul Studio (1993, Ebony fretboard) - £750

What's Hot
THR1LLHAU5THR1LLHAU5 Frets: 180
edited January 27 in Guitars £

This one hurts. I have played the hell out of this thing for many years. Like many of us, as a kid I dreamed of the day I’d own a guitar with the Big G on the headstock, and when the day came, it didn’t disappoint! I have played this guitar a LOT, but it has been loved with the same fervour as it has been played. There are no cracks, breaks or gouges into any of the wood of body or neck. The guitar as a whole has been looked after as a bit of a prized possession, it’s always travelled in a hardcase and outside of gigs lives on a stand in my study. Structurally this guitar is as sound as them come… as for the cosmetics? Not so much…

As you can see the finish has got a decent amount of wear, and all of it has come from the fact I’ve played it a lot, for years. There’s a decent amount on the lower bout of the body on the top side, and a little on the bottom, with a small paint chip on the back, too. There is some buckle rash and the headstock has some wear around the edges but otherwise seems to be avoiding the "peel" a lot of these 90's one get quite nicely! I have done my best to photograph all the wear, so please do study the pictures for a good idea of the state of the finish. 

Despite the fact I’ve played it loads, the frets are in tip-top condition, owing to some fretwork undertaken about a year ago (around the same time I started to favour another guitar). So there’s loads of life in them, no divits, no dead spots.

“If it’s so great, then why are you moving it on?” I hear you cry. The truth is that I was spoiled by another acquisition about a year or so ago that has become my “go-to” when I want a Les Paul. I’ve wrestled with, and ignored, this reality for some time now but the fact is that I almost never pick this up over my Goldtop, and it’s too good to just sit on a stand collecting dust. I also have the pickguard, if you're the kind of reprobate that's into that sort of thing... 

Collection only from South Manchester (M22) any trial very welcome. Cash is king but try me with trades - worst I can say is "no", interested in most things, so you tell me what you have

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments