Biggest influence with the least amount of notes played

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• edited January 24
    Boney M - 160 million album sales and most of the members were miming. It makes Milli Vanilli's nine million album sales seem like a poor effort by comparison. They were both formed by the same guy incidentally - Frank Farian.
    My youtube music channel is here My youtube aviation channel is here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16654
    Musical_Mystery_Tour said:
    Boney M - 160 million album sales and most of the members were miming. It makes Milli Vanilli's nine million album sales seem like a poor effort by comparison. They were both formed by the same guy incidentally - Frank Farian.
    Ma Baker is based on a Tunisian folk song and, I realised several years after everyone else, is referenced in Poker Face by Lady Gaga (I don't think it's a sample as such). 

Frank died yesterday BTW. Of all the times for him to (finally) get a mention on here. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5104
    Waylon Jennings, listen to ‘Amanda’ to hear a good solo created using just a few notes. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24993
    Ma Baker is based on a Tunisian folk song and, I realised several years after everyone else, is referenced in Poker Face by Lady Gaga (I don't think it's a sample as such). 

Frank died yesterday BTW. Of all the times for him to (finally) get a mention on here. 
    I mentioned him yesterday on another thread.  I really liked Boney M.... I still do like Boney M.  Ma Baker was one of the first chart singles I ever bought.
    Philly_Q said:

I mentioned him yesterday on another thread.  I really liked Boney M.... I still do like Boney M.  Ma Baker was one of the first chart singles I ever bought.
    I think everyone knew or didn't care that Boney M were a bit fake/ lacked rock credibility but they were fun and had catchy choons. Therefore why anyone was surprised by Milli Vanilli I don't know. RIP Frank. 

I only realised recently that Ride on Time by Black Box (massive hit of my student era) was sung by Heather Small and the woman who appeared on TOTP and the record sleeves was a model hired for her good looks (and they weren't wrong). 

• CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1551

I only realised recently that Ride on Time by Black Box (massive hit of my student era) was sung by Heather Small and the woman who appeared on TOTP and the record sleeves was a model hired for her good looks (and they weren't wrong). 

Loleatta Holloway ?
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    edited January 24
    CaseOfAce said:

Loleatta Holloway ?
     the original version of Ride on Time has a sample of Loleatta (from the song Love Sensation ) but it's a rerecorded version by Heather that's on the hit.

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2523
    Albert Collins for least amount of fretboard used. I saw him live once....amazing.