SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Gibson Les Paul Classic Honeyburst (2021) | PRS CE 24 Ltd Edition satin 2016

timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2477
edited February 13 in Guitars £
Downsizing a little bit! I have boxes for both of these so can post, but would much prefer collection from Birmingham B14 - you get to try the guitar and neither of us is biting our nails while the guitar's in transit. 

Not interested in trades as I am in theory downsizing, though doing so also frees up funds should my white whale guitar appear. If you have a 2007 Gibson Les Paul Classic Custom (regular black/humbucker model, not one of the GOTWs), let me know.

Gibson Les Paul Classic Honeyburst (2021) | £1500 £1400 ONO

You know what this is, so I won't go one about it in much detail - it's a bloody good Les Paul.

I'd describe this one in excellent condition. A couple of light impressions on the back that you can see when the light's right and one ding from another guitar in the rack on the rear bass side, which I've pictured. Only modification is the gold bell knobs. I can't weigh it, but it's on the heavy end of Les Pauls. At a guess I'd say north of 9lbs. It's only known home use in the year or so I've owned it. 

Being a current model, nothing too weird with the specs. Quick highlights:
  • Slim taper neck
  • 9-hole weight relief
  • 61R and 61T pickups - current spec says "60s Burstbuckers" but I'm pretty sure they're the same and Gibson just changed what they call them.
  • PCB harness with 4 push-pulls. "Coil taps" (actually a resistor filtering the sound) on the volumes, phase switch and "pure bypass" (bridge straight to output) on the tones.
  • Grover Rotomatics & ABR-1 tuneomatic in nickel.
  • Black Gibson hard case.
Small pics below, https://imgur.com/a/8BiaWa1 full size album on imgur.

PRS CE24 Limited Edition Satin Nitro in Faded Grey Blueburst | £1300 SOLD

One from a limited run of 150 pieces in 2016; presumably 50 in each colour. More info from PRS Europe's website here.

This really surprised me - the bolt-on makes it sonically very different to a set neck PRS, much brighter and snappier and twangier. Lightweight, comfortable to play and wear on a strap; I can't fault this apart from I never seem to gravitate to it, so I guess that's just me. I've toyed with the idea of doing some pickup changes to see if that made me pick it up more, but I think I'm realising I just like Les Pauls and that's that. It does look very, very pretty on the stand, though.

As with the Les Paul, I'd describe this as being excellent condition. Being an open-pore satin nitro finish, it does mark easily and there are a fair few light dents on the edges, which I've tried to photograph, but looking for them for these sale pictures was the first time I'd ever noticed them - there aren't any deep or obvious ones. Whoever had it before me played it a lot, as the back of the neck has glossed up quite nicely - very smooth and comfortable.

Quick spec highlights:
  • Satin nitro finish
  • Wide-thin satin (but buffed up from play) neck
  • PRS USA 85/15 pickups
  • Master coil-tap on tone push-pull
  • Black "premium" PRS gigbag - it's nice enough. 
Small pics here, full size album on imgur.

Any questions, drop me a message!

Cheers
Tim

Tim
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2477
    And so begins the bump train.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
    Tim
    PRS sold!
    Tim
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4327
    That classic is a beauty ,love the plain tops  very Slash/jessica 
    Someone-made-me-an-offer-and-said-they-were-coming-today-then-changed-their-mind bump. Offers welcome!
    Tim
    Price drop Friday bump. Driving from Brum to the other side of Kiddy/Droitwich tomorrow morning and coming back Sunday if that's of use to anyone.
    Tim
    Sunday evening bump
    Tim
    Bump
    Tim
    Bump