SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Now sorted: WTB - bass for home recording - what have you?

What's Hot
CleckoClecko Frets: 297
edited February 12 in Basses £
I've been doing a bit of recording and don't have a working bass. I don't need anything fancy, but would like not to hate it. Thinking less than £500 (probably) and have my eye on a few eBay/Gumtree listings but keen to see what's about, if anything. I'm in SE London and work centrally. Would prefer to pick up and try if possible. Cheers. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wellsyboywellsyboy Frets: 456
    I jhave an old Squire P Bass I could let you have for a reasonable price
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5883
    Long shot, but if you're travelling North at some point, I have this for sale.

FS: Sterling Stingray Ray4 HH Pacific Blueburst Satin + Bag - Basses £ Discussions on theFretBoard

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • JohnnysevenJohnnyseven Frets: 931
    I have a Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz Bass I can sell, i'm also in South London.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 297
    Thanks for the offers, chaps. Think I'm looking for something a bit above a Squier and Sheffield isn't a common destination for me, so I think the search continues. 
    I have a Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz Bass I can sell, i'm also in South London.
    While the bass isn't for me, feel free to PM me if you ever fancy a beer. I have very few music-aligned friends in London. I left all those lads up North in their waterproof clothes when I emancipated myself. 
  • Would a Westone Thunder complete with original DiMarzio pickup be of interest? Matsumoku, Japanese quality, etc etc etc
    Would a Westone Thunder complete with original DiMarzio pickup be of interest? Matsumoku, Japanese quality, etc etc etc
    Probably a bit spiky for me! Soz. 
  • I have an Epiphone Thunderbird and a Sire Marcus Miller in Hertfordshire
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14751
    Westone Thunder complete with original DiMarzio pickup
    Memory tells me that the Westone Thunder bass guitars were never supplied with DiMarzio pickups - not even those "budget" examples fitted on some Hondo Ii models.

Westone.info states that the stock pickup was called Magnet F600B for the first year and HF600B until 1983. 

I would go so far as to suggest that an American-made split coils P type pickup would not fit into the Metric pickup cavity without slight modification.

The web page goes on to state that the HF600B pickup was superseded by a split coils unit named Hard Puncher (very Tokai!) until 1985 or 86, when the wide soapbar Magnabass pickups arrived.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • In which case forgive my misguided assumption and allow me to re-state it as a "DiMarzio" style pickup!

Wis'd!!
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2036
    I have a Dean Paramount 4 for £295 posted...
    https://i.imgur.com/V90WDvY.jpg
    And a Peerless Smoked Custom for £775 posted...
    https://i.imgur.com/Wr3x9xP.jpg
    Both mint and stock with their original branded cases and the Peerless has a brand new set of Rotosound flats (£50).

I've owned Marleaux, Kubicki, Overwater, Bravewood etc and I still believe that the Dean Paramount is the best alder p-bass for under £500. If you can find an old G&L Tribute L2000 for or a Cort A4/5/6 for £400ish, those would also do the trick too.
    Thanks for the offers, guys (and the advice, @Schnozz). Now sorted - thanks.