SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD GSP LP Body & Neck kit

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27704
edited February 25 in Parts £
I bought this from Graham late last year.

But I should really build from scratch rather than just doing some assembly and finishing work.  And I'm more likely to be recycling past builds rather than building any more to add to the already too-big pile of unplayed guitars.

So, it's on offer here for what I paid for it.  £262 plus shipping (probably £15ish via ParcelForce) or collection from IP22 area (south Norfolk).

Details.

Lightweight - the body was 3lb 14oz pre pocket & cavities, and it's svelte at 45mm thick.
Chunky carved and bound maple top over mahogany.
The body *is* routed under the cap for HBs and wiring, but I asked him to leave the top as I hadn't decided on P90s or HBs.
Likewise, no bridge/tailpiece holes drilled (I was probably going to use a wraparound rather than the usual LP config).
The headstock is drilled for 10mm tuners.
Fretwire is StewMac #149 (wide/medium).

The pics above show it with cavity covers, which I put carefully to one side so that I didn't lose them.  So they're not lost, but neither could I find them in my usual safe places (if I find them before sale, I'll obviously include them, but assume that I don't).

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27704
    edited January 25
    Note, this is intended for a standard twin pickup design, and wouldn't really suit a single (bridge) pickup build.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2534
    What are the neck dims Tony? Width and depth at the 1st and 12th please :)
    @lovestrat74 ;

All in mm ...

1st, width 43.6, depth 24.0
    12th, width 51.3, depth 25.1

Depth is measured to the top of the fret, which are 1.3mm high (so back of neck to top of fretboard is 22.7 and 23.8 respectively).
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2534
    Thanks Tony, but not quite fat enough for me unfortunately. 
    A something-for-the-weekend bump ... buy it today and you could be putting it together next week

;)
    edited February 4
    TTony said:

The pics above show it with cavity covers, which I put carefully to one side so that I didn't lose them.  So they're not lost, but neither could I find them in my usual safe places (if I find them before sale, I'll obviously include them, but assume that I don't).

Cavity covers and truss rod cover now found, so will be included with the kit.  Found those whilst looking for something else (which naturally remains unfound!).

I've had some trade offers which don't really work (trying to de-stuff really), and some other requests to do some work on the kit as part of a sale - which I could do, but would prefer not to if I can avoid it (as I'd need to awaken my workshop from its winter hibernation).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Still here looking for a someone who fancies a GSP LP project ...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2351
    tFB Trader
    If you fancy buying this, but don't think you have the skills to glue the neck in and do the pickup routes, ask @TTony to send it back to me. I will fret the guitar glue the neck in and do the routes for a sensible amount of money.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks Graham @GSPBASSES - that might help tempt someone :)

Lightweight, thinner than usual LP, now with the option of having it routed for your preferred pickup combination and the neck set by the expert.

You just do the assembly and finishing and you’d have a bit of a bargain LP …
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3073
    edited February 15
    Im tempted, but off self catering for a week, Ill have think, it was the routing that was putting me off…but if Graham did it….
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

Bump.

I'm aiming to be at the Guitar Show on the Sunday, so I can put this in the boot for a carpark handover ...
    And sold, going to another fan of Graham's work.
    :)