fekkin windoze 7 is driving me up the wall!!!!

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28353

What an annoying crock of sh*te! Many problems, but one thing is driving me up the wall – I’m using explorer, and I just want the frikkin address bar to type a URL into ….. where the hell is it??? How do I get it back????

I’m trying to type a network location in, but all I get is a google search for my typing, telling me that it can’t be found ‘on the internet’.

They gave me a new PC at work last week and it has been a disaster on productivity. Seriously, how come a company as sh*te as Microsoft still even exist in this day and age?????

Rant over, but if anyone could help with the explorer problem ….

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Download Chrome/firefox, regardless of what OS you are using, people struggle with Internet Explorer.

7 Is regarded as one of the better windows OS's
  • http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/no-address-bar-my-address-bar-is-missing-completly/59db259e-0ee8-44bd-b3ef-3cd445519f1b

Never had this problem myself to be honest. Also new versions of Explorer tend to be a lot more stable these days.
    Firefox has become a pile of slow shite and chrome is rapidly going that way.

What were you using before hand?
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    edited October 2014

Go command line! Sounds like you're halfway there dude

That thing in the address bar is called breadcrumbs iirc and I don't think you can safely change it back.

EDIT: D'oh, I was thinking file explorer not IE...

All practice and no theory
  • F11?

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28353
    F11?

Nah, it's not an F11 problem. There is literally no address bar section to type a URL into??????? 

My new pile o sh*te PC has buggered my links to the macs that I work with all day. Everything transfers with the wrong file permissions now, that's if I can even get a link between computers. To get around one of the major probs I t decided to access a hot folder within the mac using its URL, hence the problem - nowhere to type it into!
  • Biggest problem between mac and Pc is that the PC can't read the mac disk format and the mac can't read NTFS
    Personally I'd sent it back to your IT department to give you a PC configured properly.
    If they are taking a mac off you they should give you an option to migrate easily

• I'd keep the mac and tell IT to FO!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    F11?

Nah, it's not an F11 problem. There is literally no address bar section to type a URL into??????? 

My new pile o sh*te PC has buggered my links to the macs that I work with all day. Everything transfers with the wrong file permissions now, that's if I can even get a link between computers. To get around one of the major probs I t decided to access a hot folder within the mac using its URL, hence the problem - nowhere to type it into!
    well if you've maximised the screen you're looking at with F11 the address bar will disappear. press F11 again to get back from full-screen
    I'm not swapping computers and its NOT F11!!!!!! I work on macs, but I also have a bit of fectate called a PC for some things. The site has 1000 PCs and IT are only interested in PCs. This is good because I retain admin rights over all our macs! Pre windoze 7, I created a share folder on the mac which I had access to on the PC. This allowed for easy swapping of files back and forth, which I need to do quite a lot. With W7 I can still create share folders by microshite now buggers up all permissions on files sent over. I was hoping to bypass the share folder and link to a hot folder by MAC address, but I can't do that if I can't get a damn address bar up in their fail software.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Ha hA. THe rant was so important you had to cut and paste it...or worse the computer font went wrong again.  Classic.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    Sambostar said:
    Ha hA. THe rant was so important you had to cut and paste it...or worse the computer font went wrong again.  Classic.

.???? Me no understand?
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27034
    edited October 2014
    Click to the right of the breadcrumbs at the top if you want to type in Windows Explorer.

If you want to type it in IE, then you have to put a protocol in there at the beginning (eg file:// or http:// or ftp://).
    <space for hire>
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4948
    Try pressing the "Alt" key - it brings back the old menus, you might find a way through there?

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2442
    Is there anything in the link below that might help?