Fender ’white packet’ strings: yay or nay?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 660
    Sassafras said:
    Yorkie said:
    There, right below the big numbers: 

“Made in the USA”

Yes, the packets are made in USA but the strings are made in Somalia.
    Bit like Butch & Sundance.
    The pirates don’t get them leaving the country .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1692
    Sassafras said:
    Yorkie said:
    There, right below the big numbers: 

“Made in the USA”

Yes, the packets are made in USA but the strings are made in Somalia.
    Ah, so then Fender strings are just Somalian D’Addarios with the correct bell ends. 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 481
    I've had these in the past and have had no problems. I've just ordered some more, as it happens. I also believe that the Legacy strings from Stringsdirect are rebranded Rotosounds. I'm not sure, but I have tried those too, without problems.
    Rich Tone have the 8s cheap. I've just received three packets. These strings are mint! 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I used to use them all the time, they lasted ages and sounded good.

Sadly they're all looped together in a horrible coil in one packet, exploding like a can of comedy snakes when you try and use them. VERY practical on stage.

I use Ernie Balls now, all in their lovely, individually labelled paper packets... Dreamy.

But the Fenders ARE decent, I like them a lot.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sadly they're all looped together in a horrible coil in one packet, exploding like a can of comedy snakes when you try and use them. VERY practical on stage.
    Weird. Mine came in pairs. Like D’Addarios. 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    I used to use them all the time, they lasted ages and sounded good.

I use Ernie Balls now, all in their lovely, individually labelled paper packets... Dreamy.

But the Fenders ARE decent, I like them a lot.
    Keep the next few sets of EB packets and put the Fenders into them.

I’ve always done that with spare strings for gigs, ever since D’Addario started reducing their packaging.

I don’t take a spare guitar to gigs, so quick and easy string changing is essential - even though I almost never break strings, I want to be prepared.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom