Basic stage piano? Roland Juno D or use an iOS app + midi keyboard?

Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1390
edited January 29 in Other Instruments
An app and midi keyboard would be a lot cheaper, but I don't know how I would connect the phone to a mixing desk? The only input on my phone would be used to connect the keyboard. Is there another connecting device that could be used to take a line out?
The Roland Juno 6 has some fairly decent piano sounds for live use. I am not looking for "grand piano in Abbey road main studio" etc, but not the plinky plink of a crap cheap piano.
If someone has an idea for the app option, it would save me a few quid. Failing that, any other keyboard options?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10441
    Mainstage has some amazing piano sounds and is only £30 ish but you would need a macbook to run it. I used a 2012 Macbook and it was fine so doesn't need an expensive machine 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1390
    @Danny1969 I'm a windows user, but an iphone option could be handy. No idea how I would get the sound from the phone to mixer though...
  • Have you considered a Roland JU-06A with a MIDI keyboard? It would be easy to have one sit atop the keyboard for a live setup since it is so small. 

I have one of them and I like it a lot. For about 300 quid you get all the sound of a Juno 60 and a 106, plus all the additional arpeggios, chord and sequencer whistles and bells. 

Worth a look.
    My youtube music channel is here My youtube aviation channel is here
    Have you considered a Roland JU-06A with a MIDI keyboard? It would be easy to have one sit atop the keyboard for a live setup since it is so small. 

I have one of them and I like it a lot. For about 300 quid you get all the sound of a Juno 60 and a 106, plus all the additional arpeggios, chord and sequencer whistles and bells. 

Worth a look.
    My mistake. An error in title . It should read Juno D not 6! But yes the JU looks good too 
    A Go Piano might do it.