tFB Merch! UPDATE: now with prices and card payments

What's Hot

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28008
    Lee - I'll pay £5 for a neck rest - Don't think it should be free - I know I need one as my existing rest is well worn - Hope that is okay - Unless it is crap, it shouldn't be free 
    Did @TTony put you up to that? D

Really, the neck rests are just to generate a bit of interest, and potentially get members into the idea of buying stuff - they won't be free forever. As @Roland said...it's kind of a beta test of the theory. If these things turn out to be popular, the proceeds from the boards may end up going towards another printer so I can design and produce more tFB stuff.
    Okay but can I give you a fiver for one still and no Tony never said anything- but I do agree with him (for once)
    Well, you're absolutely welcome to if you really want. I'm not one to say "no" to money (don't listen to Tony).
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28412
    Offset said:
    Too cheap.
    Offset said:
    Too cheap.
    Offset said:
    Too cheap.
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13587
    Lee - I'll pay £5 for a neck rest - Don't think it should be free - I know I need one as my existing rest is well worn - Hope that is okay - Unless it is crap, it shouldn't be free 
    Did @TTony put you up to that? D

Really, the neck rests are just to generate a bit of interest, a
    I believe whats known as a "loss leader"

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Crazy prices on paper. I can't get to the show so I'll look out for if/when they get offered as official merch on here.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8092
    Just getting the demo board ready...I'm no expert with painting and the like, but I rather like the way it's turned out :)

That looks fab. 

Is the centre support part of the 'kit' ? 
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8092
    Someone is going to copy this, bundle it with a china-sourced case and sell it for a lot more. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TimmyO said:
    Just getting the demo board ready...I'm no expert with painting and the like, but I rather like the way it's turned out :)

That looks fab. 

Is the centre support part of the 'kit' ? 
    Cheers :) Yes, the centre support, screws and cable management clips all come with it, along with a jig for drilling the holes for the three main parts.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25492
    mrkb said:
    bertie said:
    T shirts are black.

All of them. No others exist. 
      so much fail

black t-shirt = beavis and butthead. 
    White tshirt = Rab C Nesbitt?
    He's got the build for it! ;) 

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

TTony said:
    Offset said:
    Too cheap.
    Offset said:
    Too cheap.
    Offset said:
    Too cheap.
    ;)
    woah woah woah!!!

Let me buy one first! After that it can be too cheap!

Put me down for a pedal board kit please.

edited February 28

Even if there aren't any left after the show, I'll tot up how many people want one and do another run. The plan with printed merch is to do a run every couple of months according to demand, I just need to work out the logistics; this endeavour with the show is to figure out whether there's as much demand as I hope there is

The prices will probably go up a touch, though, because it's pretty close to the bone as an introductory offer.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 6158
    Can I put my name down for a pedalboard too, please? 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

Even if there aren't any left after the show, I'll tot up how many people want one and do another run. The plan with printed merch is to do a run every couple of months according to demand, I just need to work out the logistics; this endeavour with the show is to figure out whether there's as much demand as I hope there is

The prices will probably go up a touch, though, because it's pretty close to the bone as an introductory offer.

Actually - put me down for 100 kits at the current price....

[/Walking away whistling.... heads to the Classifieds]

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12878
    I agree, the pedalboard kit is way too cheap. Looks well made and thought out. Even at double the price it’s a bargain. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15374
    tFB Trader
    Take into account postage and packing for the pedalboard as/when you ship direct - Show will be great this weekend for those attending - But suspect you won't get much change under a £10 for shipping - Then either buying in appropriate boxes and that might cost £5-8 - Or 'bodging' up boxes to make do which should/could be free 

Lee - Not sure how big they are and what 'packaging' you have with them' - But as/when, I can look at taking a couple with me to other guitar shows and 'display' on my stand accordingly and handle payment - And/or other FB members exhibit at various shows who are pedal builders so might be more suitable on their stand - So have a think about this as an option - Next show after this is Northants - Mid March if that helps you - Not a million miles away if you need to drop some off - Just a thought 
    Take into account postage and packing for the pedalboard as/when you ship direct - Show will be great this weekend for those attending - But suspect you won't get much change under a £10 for shipping - Then either buying in appropriate boxes and that might cost £5-8 - Or 'bodging' up boxes to make do which should/could be free 
    Yeah, that's really why I'm not committing to any particular pricing on post-show sales right now. There's also the question of whether I use Patreon for payments or not - it's something they provide, but the alternative is managing it myself with PayPal.

The big question mark is over how much of my time it's going to suck up, and what that time's worth.

Lee - Not sure how big they are and what 'packaging' you have with them' - But as/when, I can look at taking a couple with me to other guitar shows and 'display' on my stand accordingly and handle payment - And/or other FB members exhibit at various shows who are pedal builders so might be more suitable on their stand - So have a think about this as an option - Next show after this is Northants - Mid March if that helps you - Not a million miles away if you need to drop some off - Just a thought 
    Let's chat at the show; a lot will depend on how many we have left over, combined with how many I can produce between now and the next show.
    <space for hire>
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1769
    Please put me down as interested in the pedal board and, what the hell, the neck rest too. I want to support the site, so wouldn't mind paying more.

Speaking of which, I couldn't find the membership / subscription stuff for image hosting. I'd be grateful if someone could gently point me in the right direction withtout mentioning how decrepit my eyes must be...
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    edited February 28
    GoFish said:
    Please put me down as interested in the pedal board and, what the hell, the neck rest too. I want to support the site, so wouldn't mind paying more.
    Duly noted

GoFish said:

Speaking of which, I couldn't find the membership / subscription stuff for image hosting. I'd be grateful if someone could gently point me in the right direction withtout mentioning how decrepit my eyes must be...
    It's here:

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/226662/subscriptions-get-image-uploads-and-no-ads/p1

(also at the bottom of the sidebar, in case you need to find it again)

Don't sign up until Friday, though, otherwise you'll get charged twice in a couple of days (the billing cycle starts again on the 1st).
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5727
    I'm interested in the pedal board and neck rest if/when they go on sale on here 
    OK, it looks like we should be able to take contactless card payments at the show now...
    <space for hire>
  • dhaywood67dhaywood67 Frets: 113
    Is it first come first served or are we allowing reservations on this thread? I'll be there Saturday and would love to get both items.