Galactic Cowboys

HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15977
Anybuddy into these guys?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11318
    I saw them supporting Kings X c90/1.

They were great. I live the Space In Your Face album, although the hidden final track is a pain. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22987
    Yes, one of my favourite bands!  Saw them live back in the '90s, probably the same gig @scrumhalf was at, and I think I also saw them headline although the ol' memory lets me down sometimes.

The first two albums are fantastic, and also the most recent (Long Way Back To The Moon, 2017) with the original lineup back together.  I'm not so fond of the mid-period stuff.  The best thing about their style is the harmony vocals, I love that stuff.
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4143
    I used be quite into them in the 90s when I was at uni. So it's pretty old stuff. Haven't listen to them since then.

I hung in Christian circles back at uni and a fellow CU member introduced me to the band.

I do remember being pissed off with them for an anti-abortion song at one point though called If I Were a Killer.

I also remember they used to do bonkers stuff with the CD format, hiding songs and fiddling with track numbers.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22987
    I do remember being pissed off with them for an anti-abortion song at one point though called If I Were a Killer.
    Oh!  Another instance of me benefitting from not listening to lyrics.  I didn't know they had that viewpoint, and I don't know if they still do... they may have left the Christian rock thing behind, just as King's X did.
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4143
    Lyrics are hugely important to me, so I always pay attention to them.