SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gibson Goldtone GA 30 RVS (Stereo)

What's Hot
DominicDominic Frets: 16674
edited October 2014 in Amps £
Collectors item - immaculate and good looking classic. 
The sound of Aerosmith - Joe Perry used these for years 1998 - 2006 
Apparently Eric Johnsons favorite clean sound. 
Stunning looking fantastic sounding. This amp will genuinely do Fender, Vox, Marshall all in one box. Extremely simple vol. gain and tone controls. 
Bright switch gives 'top boost' EL 84 sound (very good in fact!) 
The loudest 30 watts ever - its actuallydesigned as two 15w amps operating in tandem with a common stereo reverb. Can shut one side down independantly for lower volume bedroom crunch. 
2 x 12" speakers (celestion blue) 
I have spent £600 with Mark Knopflers amp tech to carry out improvements replacing the valve seats and eliminating the background hiss/hum, upgrade to output transformer, new EL 34's etc (NOS) 
Most importantly I had him engineer 2 x post phase-inverter master controls (works superbly) for attentuation and low volume hi-gain crunch/sustain. These are discretlly hidden on the back. 
Originally has 2 x vintage 30 speakers but I have changed one for an original English Celestion Blue Alnico. The result is a superb balance between mid range punch from the V30 and top end voxy chime from the Blue Alnico (similar to the famous 'Black and Blue' combination). 
I've got some of the very best boutique amps in the world Carr, Matchless, Vintage JMI vox, Morgan - this is every bit as good - Come and hear for yourself! 
Read all the forum critique and You Tube reviews - everybody rates them and it will eventually become a TRUE CLASSIC. 
Location Hertfordshire London
£850

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    That's a lovely thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4308
    edited October 2014
    Cracking amp buddy

And I never knew Steve Perry played guitar for Aerosmith.

But any way you want it mate ;)
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16674
    Yes , he was a hybrid vocalist / guitarist !
    was having a senior moment there .....how about Joe Perry :)
    thanks 
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 428
    Beautiful amp!
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    These were made by Trace Elliot after they were bought out by Gibson. I've had a couple of TE's including a Trident, and they're great amps. These Goldtones are really collectable (ironic as TE's are rock bottom!). GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    They were made by Trace for Gibson but the original design was based on the TE VELOCETTE which Gibson modified and contracted Trace to Manufacture
    The original Velocettes still make good prices unlike other TE stuff - they are 15 watt and seem to have a cult following
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    Trace were actually bought and owned by Gibson at the time. They pretty much destroyed the brand over five or so years. Peavey ultimately bought them, but they've never fully recovered IMO. Shame as their Guitar amps were fantastic!  
  • I always wanted one. Love the look!
    yes ,it does look very "vintage "
    theres a great old Gibson ad where there is a brown les paul and brown leather case propped against the amp with all gold hardware and it looks like a " three in a bed " set and another ad showing Joe Perry with a stack 6 of them in 2 walls of 3 amps - with all the leather and brass grilles it looks like some 1920s deep sea diving rig !