SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTT 2007 fender telecaster deluxe ash US

MikeDearingMikeDearing Frets: 33
edited January 31 in Guitars £
I have a 2 colour sunburst telecaster American Deluxe  it's 1950s in design chunky maple board with abalone fret markings 9.5 radius  parchment single ply ivory scratchplate  and 6 saddle bridge - has the original noiseless pickup set on the loom and plate as original but currently has a 52 EMG active set in its own loom which works extremely well - ash body - all good - I'm no lover of the chunky 50s neck - I butchered a later chunky baja neck on another tele to make that more like a late 60s neck profile which I prefer...    but that's a bender so this stock one has to be swapped out or sold 

this guitar is in very good shape for a nearly 20 year old guitar (17 years old)  - there is one dink on it -  what I'm after is a tele standard with a 60s or 70s neck - can be rosewood or maple don't care in gigging grade... there maybe someone who wants a rather 2 tone sunburst ash premium 50s style tele - the neck markings are akin to the Albert Collins one, it has the sun aged neck colour and the posh machines.. it sounds fab  as a recording guitar - in my advanced age I find playing it live I need a post 1963 type fender neck to play reasonable lead.. my hand and fingers need all the help it can get :-) I got it because it sounded nice even with the rather anodyne silent pickups (@ that time I had a rather buzz prone fender amp) 

PM for pics  I might be interested in something else or PX etc. 

Rgds Mike

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 646
    You might have more luck if you clarify what exactly it is that you have. As far as I know a 2004 Telecaster Pro isn't actually a thing. Telecaster Plus? American Standard? Deluxe?

It's very easy to upload pics to Imgur and avoid having to PM people them individually.

Trying to be helpful, so please take this in the spirit in which it is intended!  =)
  •   Here's a pic on Pinterest https://pin.it/12CxGkVkH
  • I genuinely don't know what it was called  to be fair 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3969
    That’s surely a deluxe ash Tele. 
  • There you go knew someone would know - I thought the description was fairly accurate - I'll amend the title 
  • MikeDearingMikeDearing Frets: 33
    edited January 31
    And I'm fairly certain it's a 2004    It's not it's 2007 
  • SammySammy Frets: 130
    Whats the weight?
  • It's on the heavier side that's most likely why it sounds so nice - I've had lighter ones over the years that don't shimmer so much... I'll scale it but it will be total weight rather than body weight 
  • MikeDearingMikeDearing Frets: 33
    edited January 31
    If someone wants to have a go in sound check on Friday or Sunday in Greenwich or Bromley respectively  they are welcome - it is an early 07 American deluxe telecaster