SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Fender Tom Morello Strat - £770

What's Hot
RevMattRevMatt Frets: 851
edited February 17 in Guitars £
Tom Morello Strat - sold £800 now £770 (post may be possible at cost)

Here's an iconic and interesting alternative to the classic Strat design. It's a MIM 2021 Tom Morello signature strat. The spec on this model is really impressive:

- slab fronted (contoured back) body finished in super cool black with white binding
- matching black headstock
- maple C neck with compound radius rosewood fretboard
- locking tuners
- double locking Floyd Rose bridge
- HSS pickups ( a pair of Fender noiseless single coils and a Seymour Duncan mini humbucker)
- standard electrics, plus a kill switch for machine gun effects should you wish!

This is a very versatile guitar that does all the expected Strat stuff and then more with the beef of the humbucker and tuning stability of the Floyd Rose. It plays really well and is just all over super cool!

The guitar comes with its hard case, all the case candy, including the 'soul power' sticker if you wish to apply it.

The condition is excellent with no dings or scrapes, but with the following points to note:
- the 'S' of the Stratocaster decal is missing
- the case has a split on the rear edge (still sturdy and fully functional)
- there is a tiny white mark on the upper edge of the body (pictured)
- the action is set low (1.5 on the bass and 1.0 on the treble sides at the 12th fret), as such there is the odd bit of fret buzz, not audible through an amp, but depending on your preferences you may wan to adjust the set up to eliminate this

TRADEs and Offers?
No offers on the price please. I may consider part trades plus cash my way if you have:
- some other kind of strat (only selling this as I have recently bought 2x Floyd Rose guitars and use the other more), maybe a Charvel HSS or Schecter Nick Johnston
- something headless???
- something with a P90

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2458
    Does it have a different Floyd fitted to factory standard spec Matt?

Might just be a trick of the light but it looks from (most of) your photos as though the saddles & fine tuner buttons are a silvery, aluminium colour instead of the all black factory livery.

And a brass block/claw plate unless also lighting making them appear that way.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 851
    edited January 31
    Well spotted @StefB - forgot to say trem had been upgraded, not sure of the specific details though 
  • Howdy. I have a Miami blue American Professional II Strat with maple board that I'd consider letting go. It's in perfect nick though so I'd need some cash my way for the trade to work. PM if interested. 
    Thanks @Miscusername but just sold an American Pro so not looking for another 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17923
    tFB Trader
    I love these!

I have no need for it though, but GLWTS!
  • Cool no worries. I still might be interested for cash but need to think how to explain it to my wife, as it isn't going to help renovations.... 
  • jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 681
    Cool no worries. I still might be interested for cash but need to think how to explain it to my wife, as it isn't going to help renovations.... 

That's easy. Your joy will be greater leading to increased motivation leading to increased productivity in the renovations. Simples. (unless of course you are spending renovations money on guitars - but then that's just priorities lol!)
    Something for the weekend?
    edited February 5
    Trades updated and price reduced.

Heading to the guitar show in 3 weeks if it helps, or can post for about £15 (insurance extra)
    Bump for TM goodness
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1335
    RevMatt said:
    Well spotted @StefB - forgot to say trem had been upgraded, not sure of the specific details though 
    I think the previous owner's ad for this guitar is still on marketplace (serial number matches) and from their description the upgrade was:

"I have upgraded the sadles to German machines stainless and this made a huge difference to the stability and sustain. Huge brass block and claw also fitted. This thing is rock solid once tuned up."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks @KrisGee ;
    edited February 15
    No need for a dressing room mirror with that scratchplate!

Now £770, can post for £15 (insurance extra if needed)