Seymour Duncan Shape Shifter Tap Tremolo

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
How much are these worth 2nd hand? I just got given one, but it's not really my cup of tea. Might flog it...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Fiver, those are shite.

PayPal gift?
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    ha ha ha. You twunt.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1823
    Blimey
    Drew_fx;391450" said:
    ha ha ha. You twunt.
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Drew_fx;391450" said:
    ha ha ha. You twunt.
    In all seriousness, they're quite rare and I've been looking for one for a while.

I've seen them sell for between 20 quid and a hundred. The relative rarity, unusual feature set and relatively unknown status means they don't seem to have a steady value used. They crop up, and depending on how many people are looking for them... You know the rest.

I've genuinely missed one because of poor mobile connection for 15 quid with fiver post. :(

But they're worth more than that, I think I'd look to sell for 60 quid or so. But on the right day, more.
    Wow. I was only thinking £50 or something. I've got a Twin Tube classic as well I think I should flog, but no power supply :-/

Blimey
    Drew_fx;391450" said:
    ha ha ha. You twunt.
    Don't worry, me and the pretty boy do fisticuffs every now and then ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_fx;391520" said:
    Wow. I was only thinking £50 or something. I've got a Twin Tube classic as well I think I should flog, but no power supply :-/

hotpickups said:

Blimey

Drew_fx;391450" said:ha ha ha. You twunt.

Don't worry, me and the pretty boy do fisticuffs every now and then ;)
    I wouldn't be lying if I said I didn't get a filthy thrill every time he called me something nasty.

Yeah, they're an oddball pedal. You might find eBay useful valuing the twin tube (I wasn't a fan of those...) as they're more common and desirable.

I really liked the Duncan range of pedals in general. The power grid was bonkers, a bassy, powerful wall of grainy dirt, the deja vu was a genuinely cool delay pedal that sounds great (blends analogue and digital delays iirc), the shapeshifter is a trem pedal that covers a lot of ground, with tap tempo (though non functioning when effect is off if memory serves me right...) and they had the lava box which was bonkers enough to be considered a special effect fuzz pedal, though not the most useful as a "go-to" fuzz.

Surprised they didn't take off more.
  • Love my shape shifter but then I have to use a lot of different trem sounds so it's pretty perfect for what I do.  That said none of the Duncan pedals seem to be that popular or go for that much used.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • In all seriousness drew, if you are struggling to sell it in a couple of weeks, drop me a message.

For now I'm skint having purchased a strat neck. XD
    You know what boss, just tried this pedal this morning, and  yeah it's quite good!
  • Drew_fx said:
    You know what boss, just tried this pedal this morning, and  yeah it's quite good!
    I hate you so much. 

But you're absolutely correct, it's an excellent sounding pedal.  And is capable of some very different trem sounds.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom