Who says Germans don't have a sense of humour?

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6141
Germans by Udo Lindenburg.
 A blast from the past back in 1985.
This track is so cheeky and jazzy, it's wonderful!  =)
A real lost gem.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18847
    ^  Haven't hear this track for ages. Max Headroom too. Ta  ;)
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 630
    One of my friends is a pretty big admirer and when I was out there a few years ago Udo had just done an extravagant MTV show with a big set and an orchestra and heaps of guests

including, unexpectedly, Alice Cooper. It was called Live vom Atlantik if you want to watch it; think much of it is on YouTube. It was all a bit karaoke night, but I'm sure it was fun for the fans.

The funniest German singer/songwriter is Stefan Stoppok – a naturally really funny person whose sense of humour just bleeds into his writing sometimes. Writes in German, though.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18847
     Henning Wehn says,  halt mein bier...  ;) 
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5173

Who says Germans don't have a sense of humour? 

Most Germans…… B)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7294
    Germans have no sense of humour

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    True story. Many years ago, I used to listen to the R4 today programme in the car on the way to work. The last a light piece on the ‘German sense of humour’ and John Humphries was interviewing the German ambassador in London.

After exchangIng pleasantries, John asked the ambassador about the supposed (lack of) a sense of humour. Cool as a cucumber the ambassador responded.

“you know John, if there is one thing we Germans take seriously, it’s our sense of humour.”
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72471
    Germans have a great sense of humour - it’s just so dry it makes the Scottish sense of humour seem positively jokey.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein