SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - FS/FT - 2022 Vigier Excalibur Supraa (Marie Antoinette Blue)

What's Hot
bobaccobobacco Frets: 537
edited March 6 in Guitars £

Please note that this has now been sold via eBay. 

Now, this is a genuinely top-tier instrument that can do it all. Whilst associated with shredders, low action and speedy playing, this is equally at home jamming a blues. 

Neither myself nor the prior owners have played this much - as such, it could genuinely pass as new!

I’m not in a massive hurry to move this on - nor am I even sure what I’d replace it with. I’ve always maintained that I ‘need’ 24 frets and a trem, but the reality is I’m not 19 jamming along to Passion & Warfare anymore! Still playing my Tele every day, and loving it. 

Here’s Peach’s listing:

https://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/solid-body/vigier-excalibur-supra-hsh-tremolo-marie-antoinette-blue.htm

Do ignore the reference to DiMarzio - this is a Supraa (the extra A denoting Amber pickups - highly-revered and often compared to Throbaks and the like) and can be verified on the Vigier site’s serial lookup. 

Comes with a very nice, deluxe gigbag (handmade in Italy - fancy!) and the original white / cream pickguard has been replaced with the famed ‘Black Mirror’ pickguard (as seen on Shawn Lane’s sig) - however, the original is included. I looked into getting a tortoiseshell one, which worked out at nearly £100 by the time it’s shipped over - so a spare guard is a nice addition!

Would be looking at £2000 for a sale (retailed at £3149 little over a year ago!) or £2300 for trade value. Both negotiable, and would consider any offers (cash + gear, multiple guitars…try me). In terms of trades, I’m genuinely wide open. 

Based down near Brighton, but not averse to a bit of travel for the right deal. Collection is massively preferred, but would ship potentially - would need to source packing materials and the like. With packing materials, shipping and insurance (Secursus), I’d say all in for about £50ish. But again, negotiable!

Any questions, let me know! 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bobaccobobacco Frets: 537
    Been-looking-at-Gibson-Double-Cuts-but-still-open-to-WHY-type-bump. 

A couple extra pics for your trouble. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    This-really-isn’t-the-market-for-this bump. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 8
    Back up - not holding out much hope (pretty niche market!) but the more eyes on it, the more likely for something to happen. 

Happy to consider sale or trade - trade-wise, open to anything but lately been eyeing up Custom 24s and Gibsons (SGs and LPJs mainly, anything double cut has been catching my eye), but really - try me! Have had a few offers (it’s on eBay and Reverb too) and had some seriously tempting offers (man if that Friedman was closer..!) but I’ve done a fair bit of swapping over the last year and really…I just wanna settle down with something!

I’ve got a spare zero-fret on the way (the one that’s on there is MINTY CROWN EMOJI, but I like to have a contingency plan!) so if that arrives after a trade / sale, I’ll forward that on. It’s in six segments, so there’s enough to last for years!

Any questions, please ask. And for the right guitar, I’d be willing to deviate away from the offered trade value to get something over the line - so try your luck and you might hit the jackpot!

Cheers all

Anyone interested? Try me with whatever trades, or indeed a cash offer. 

Am in talks with a few folks over potential trades, with one in particular a possibility but not for a little while and not 100% agreed - but I don’t think this is the right audience for Vigiers so don’t think I’ll bump again after this one. 

I’ll update the thread with any salient outcomes, so if it’s not marked as sold / traded, I’ve still got it. 

Cheers; have a good week. :)

Any interesting trades? (Now has spare zero fret.)

Apparently not even uninteresting trades! Should have got a Chapman…haha. 

Given there’s no interest and a trade-in with a dealer would see me lose upwards of a grand, I’ll just keep hold of this. 

Withdrawn. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4391
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lewy said:
    Oof, that’s lovely and whilst there’s definite interest, unfortunately I wouldn’t be able to add much to a deal as it stands. Sorry and thanks! :)

• donbotdonbot Frets: 371
    edited February 23
    I’m supposed to be selling and not trading, but a have a maple neck Supraa and I frikkin love it. So, any interest in either or both of what I have for sale here: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/260109/f-s-esp-original-snapper-burner-aviator-warbird-private-stock-1500-each

Doh! Just seen it’s withdrawn. Just ignore me!  :3
    edited February 23
    donbot said:
    I’m supposed to be selling and not trading, but a have a maple neck Supraa and I frikkin love it. So, any interest in either or both of what I have for sale here: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/260109/f-s-esp-original-snapper-burner-aviator-warbird-private-stock-1500-each

Doh! Just seen it’s withdrawn. Just ignore me!  3
    It’s all good; I flit between keeping and having a wandering eye!

They both look great - not familiar with Aviator but based on that alone it’s definitely a brand I’ll be looking out for. Trade-wise, I reckon we’d probably want similar cash added (my way for one, your way for both) and at the moment I’ve not really got the spare cash to add I’m afraid!

Glad to see some Vigier love, though - it’s phenomenal (as you can attest to with the maple-hued sibling you have)! In terms of a 24-fret trem machine, I’d put it up against anything - but as with any HH, HSH etc…the position 2 ‘quack’ just isn’t gonna be there like it is on a SSS, and the more I think about it, the more I think that’s ’the sound in my head’. At least for February, anyway. =)

Back up (can anyone say ‘yo-yo’?) again, but no huge impetus to move it on. Very nearly traded over the weekend, but didn’t quite happen. Have a few solid options, but nothing quite perfect. Happy to listen to any offers - could potentially come up a bit for the right guitar, or consider cash plus lower value instrument, multiple guitars…

No massive rush, but always interested to see what’s out there. Have a good Tuesday!