What happenned to the Gibson Firebird?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4498
    Greatape said:
    I've got an itch to scratch when it comes to Firebirds,  because of Stephen Stills. 

Wanty https://www.kauerguitars.com/instruments/banshee-standard

Somebody I'm at music college with has a Banshee, I don't know which model it is, it's the one with two humbuckers, three slide switches, and a Bigsby.  As nice as the guitar is, and it is a very very nice, extremely well put together guitar, I would strongly advise anybody interested in them to try before you buy, these are extremely marmite, and have quite a number of ''quirks'' to them, personally I hate the machineheads on them, sure they're the ''right'' banjo tuners, but to be blunt, they're fucking awful machineheads, that have a ''notched'' feel to them that makes tuning extremely temperamental - you're trying to balance the machinehead between ''notches'' so to speak to tune the instrument which is a huge pain in the arse.
    @CavemanGrogg which music college?

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50 said:
    Greatape said:
    I've got an itch to scratch when it comes to Firebirds,  because of Stephen Stills. 

Somebody I'm at music college with has a Banshee, I don't know which model it is, it's the one with two humbuckers, three slide switches, and a Bigsby.  As nice as the guitar is, and it is a very very nice, extremely well put together guitar, I would strongly advise anybody interested in them to try before you buy, these are extremely marmite, and have quite a number of ''quirks'' to them, personally I hate the machineheads on them, sure they're the ''right'' banjo tuners, but to be blunt, they're fucking awful machineheads, that have a ''notched'' feel to them that makes tuning extremely temperamental - you're trying to balance the machinehead between ''notches'' so to speak to tune the instrument which is a huge pain in the arse.

The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, I've been going for over a year now.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4498
    edited February 15
    CHRISB50 said:
    Greatape said:

The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, I've been going for over a year now.
    @CavemanGrogg ;

You're studying classical aren't you? How does the course work? 

OP, sorry for the diversion!

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom