FRFR Cabs?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• robt1291robt1291 Frets: 77
    CHRISB50 said:
    I had made my mind up that studio monitors were the right choice for me.  HS7s or maybe HS5s.   And then the Laney FRFR 112 came along!   And now I can’t decide again!  LOL. 
    I'm in the same place.

I always assumed I'd get an FRFR cab. But monitors at home do seem like a sensible option.

Eventually I'll probably end up getting both. But in the mean time, choices, choices.

(I haven't even decided which modeller to get yet! lol )
     Get both! When playing at home I use two LFR112's and two studio monitors. It sounds great!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 644
    robt1291 said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    I had made my mind up that studio monitors were the right choice for me.  HS7s or maybe HS5s.   And then the Laney FRFR 112 came along!   And now I can’t decide again!  LOL. 
    I'm in the same place.

I always assumed I'd get an FRFR cab. But monitors at home do seem like a sensible option.

Eventually I'll probably end up getting both. But in the mean time, choices, choices.

Get both! When playing at home I use two LFR112's and two studio monitors. It sounds great!

I don't have enough gear to do this but it sounds very much like something to enjoy :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24637
    Do you want stereo FX?

Are you going to use them with a PC for recording? (and watching Netflix?)

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24637
    OR.... and hear me out...

a pair of HS7 that forms the main part of your home recording kit.

The 1x12 for playing in other rooms and possibly taking out....

and then for maximum fun...

run all 3 in the house for a W/D/W rig.

(I've actually got a third HS7 and I do this sometimes!! :D
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4324
    robt1291 said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    I'm in the same place.

It will be done at some point.

Best I actually get a modeller first!

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• I had made my mind up that studio monitors were the right choice for me.  HS7s or maybe HS5s.   And then the Laney FRFR 112 came along!   And now I can’t decide again!  LOL. 
    Do you want stereo FX?

Are you going to use them with a PC for recording? (and watching Netflix?)

@fretmelter ;Not particularly bothered about stereo fx really.   I do sometimes record myself with a backing track to confirm how sloppy I am.  I only watch a bit of YouTube on the PC - usually guitar stuff.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ^^ oops I meant @fretmeister ;
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom