SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Avon (Rose-Morris) guitar

What's Hot
neil_dneil_d Frets: 19
edited February 9 in Guitars £

A 1970s(?) Japanese made Avon (Rose-Morris) LP-ish guitar. It's not in a great way, for example: neck screw heads are all chewed up, electrics are barely functional, big chip in the finish on the neck,  some control plate screw holes go into the cavity while others are stripped. (I can take some more photos or provide details if needed).

The first electric guitar I picked and started to learn on, but there seems no point me continuing to store it in this state. I don't have the equipment or skills to properly restore (and it doesn't seem worth it to pay someone to do it). So, maybe you want to have a go at restoring or salvage parts for a project or use it for something else creative...

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• edited February 4
    They actually go for a fair bit on fleabay, where many people seem to think describing them erroneously as 'lawsuit era guitars' somehow means they were so great that it put fear of god into Gibson's sales department. I doubt anyone who actually had one would think that.

I suspect the people buying them are doing so out of feeling nostalgic for their 'first guitar' they had years ago. You might want to consider taking advantage of that and flogging it; you might get 200 quid judging by current trends.
    My youtube music channel is here My youtube aviation channel is here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12540
    Wow I remember these very well indeed.  The other guitarist in my first band had a blonde Avon Telecaster and it really wasn't a bad guitar.  Mind you, the fact he was an excellent guitarist did help a bit :-)

Great offer for the nostalgic and capable amongst us and I'd like to se how it ends up!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • neil_dneil_d Frets: 19
    They actually go for a fair bit on fleabay...
    Thank you for the suggest. I've also put it on ebay to see if there's any interest.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom