Multi effects for a noob - all in one?

What's Hot
Thinking of selling most of my pedals (the autowah and the Marshall box for sure) and using the funds to get an all in one.

It'll be mostly home use, and my amp doesn't have a loop. However, my next amp will probably. And might be solid state... Hopefully ;)

What options are out there for between 100 and 150 squids? I know, not an amazing amount... But basically, delays are good. Distortions are good. Expression is optional but wanted. Nice chorus is a must have.

Not too fussed on in between sounds as my amp can do that comfortably anyway.

Thoughts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited September 2013
    I'd suggest you try and demo a Zoom G3x or the cheaper G2.1Nu. :)

I have one of the latter for sale too. ;)
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2933
    The G3 takes some beating in that price range, @ddlooping linked this in another thread, massive bargain. I'm trying to think of a reason to buy one myself (I have a G3).
  • Good call, @Bidley, I forgot about that link. :D
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    IanSavage said:
    Boss ME50? Well-built, good sounds, easy to use...
    Yes this ^

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    zoom g3. I loves mine.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• close2uclose2u Frets: 997
    zoom g3x gives you the pedal if you like a wah
  • Bidley;37292" said:
    The G3 takes some beating in that price range, @ddlooping linked this in another thread, massive bargain. I'm trying to think of a reason to buy one myself (I have a G3).
    Oh my god.

Pedals will be going on the classifieds today. Ehx qtron and Marshall guvnor gv-2, patch cable. Reckon I could get near £100? The guvnor might hold me back, but I don't want to lose my route 66, it's the best sounding pedal ever!
  • Drat, they're out of stock. Hmm.
  • Take a look at the Zoom G5 too for a few more squids. It's gotten me interested, in the long run may be worth the extra.
  • I've never really considered them because I remember the initial Line 6 and zoom ones being... Nasty.  But they look to be built well - I'd want metal construction, really - and the sounds are definitely miles better! Certainly perfect for practice, and although I use pod farm and ableton to record (hard work...) I could use a multi effects thing because pod farm is pretty hard to get cool sounds from at times.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    as i said elsewhere, i got the g3 as a tool for when i cant be arsed with the b4 board, i rarely use the big board these days. massive amount of sounds, a few tweaks and 99% of the sounds are awesome.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Very nice.

I've just heard some demos of the Boss ME50, and that sounds really nice, too.  Might be cheaper used, too, though no looper would be a pity (if not a deal breaker).  Any thouhts on this?

Seems to do a nice natural overdrive as well as some nice chunky heavy stuff.  Not so much modelling, but just effects.  Looks much, much easier to use, which is good because I'm a 22 year old simpleton :)
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    Very nice.

I've just heard some demos of the Boss ME50, and that sounds really nice, too.  Might be cheaper used, too, though no looper would be a pity (if not a deal breaker).  Any thouhts on this?

Seems to do a nice natural overdrive as well as some nice chunky heavy stuff.  Not so much modelling, but just effects.  Looks much, much easier to use, which is good because I'm a 22 year old simpleton :)

It models the effects AFAIK
  • daveyh said:
    Very nice.

It models the effects AFAIK
    Haha sorry, I'll clarify - it doesn't do amp modelling.  

It does have a VERY cool harmoniser though, which almost justifies its price altogether...
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 616

I just picked up a Line 6 HD300 on here within your budget that covers a pretty hefty range of stuff

Not really spent too much time on it yet but seems pretty decent & very sturdy too

Worth looking at

Cheers

Baz

• Awesome. I do like the look of those, certainly "business". I assumed they would be too much!

The boss one looks perfect, but for reviews, which are mixed. I'll try and find the me70 to try first. An hd300 shouldn't be as difficult to find, either, so that's a plus.

I like the idea of downloading patches, too, save me some work :D but also creating my own and uploading them.
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 616

clean  HD400 on evilbay at the moment £165 + ship bristol

Top range Digitech RP500/RP1000 are also very good... had the 500 for a while. Very solid & good sound & you can create yr own patches also

Might be worth looking at them too

Cheers Baz

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17652
    tFB Trader
    The G3 is a great little pedal for the money. 
  • The same ones seem to get a lot of mentions. I'll see how many I can test myself, but the g3, pod hd 300, digit ech 500 and boss me70 take my fancy most.

The zoom g7 seems relatively affordable on evilbay, too... If I can sell a couple of pedals, I'll get one without asking questions.