car insurance quotes

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27931
    Iamnobody said:
    I witness twat driving in Audis, Mercs, Fords, Vauxhalls, Suzukis, Hondas and just about every type of car on the road - do you see the theme?

Twats are able to purchase any brand.

That is undoubtedly true.

But some brands, via their marketing and the presentation of their cars, seem to set out to appeal disproportionately to the twats.

That used to be BMW, but has become Audi nowadays.  And I say that sadly, as an Audi buyer/driver of 20 years - until last summer when I swapped them out, primarily due to the twattish-ness of Audi salesmen.  (Yes, they were *all* men).  

Looking at Audi's sales figures, it's clearly a successful business strategy ....
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited October 2014

They can buy any car, granted.  What I see is more potential for being a twat, the higher the BHP.  The majority of tailgaters are women, usually elderly or middle aged who can't seem to drive without locking on to your rear bumper and blokes in the 30's/40's in beat up saloons and blokes in their 50's/60's/70's in expensive saloons are the worst group and of course every Audi, without fail.

Aside from the occasional one or two, I don't see any nippers about at all, they are far more careful.  If you do see them behaving recklessly, usually the car is stolen or they are not insured anyway.  Certainly very different to when I was first driving, when there were loads or reckless nippers about. 

More the problem I see is retired/semi retired twats with cash who think they are teenagers and middle aged women.  This is a real problem, as they are all in competition with each other and the world but often have a depleted concept of spacial awareness or road positioning and think road markings are meaningless and they own the road.  But I guess it depends where you live. 

Most executive drivers or those of working age and regular commuters don't really bother me, I've found they drive pretty well actually.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73027
    It is totally true that twats can buy any car, but it's also true that the accident rate varies with brand and model - and that's what insurance companies look at, as well as the age and history of the driver. They're not allowed to go on gender any more, even though men - particularly young ones - are provably more dangerous than women.

So if a particular model of car seems to be unusually expensive to insure, it will be because for some reason it has a worse claims record with the type of driver who is being insured… plain statistics. (And not just lies and damn lies!)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited October 2014

Yep, ironically enough, it is the ones who seem to think they are busy, the wags and retired successful corporate guys, who actually don't really have a lot of pressing things to do and travel out of the rush hour, that I find cause the problems.  I don't know where theior narcissistic, selfish sense of road ownership comes from, maybe they feel they are more worthy as they were higher rate tax payers and shouldn't have to put up with any shit, as they have done all their lives.  Commuter drivers just get on with it and show great solidarity I think, especially because they know any reckless behaviour won't get them there any faster.

A lot has to do with selfl awareness and the more expensive the cocoon, the less the realisation of the speeds they are travelling at.

As for new drivers I find the young women the most aggressive and most dangerous as they seem to lack any awareness, young blokes on the whole are very well behaved.

I don't think they are the only things that factor into the equation though IBCM.  I also think the rarity of the make and model figure in too and can also sway the statistics.  I don't see many 53 plate Suzuki Alto's around at all.  About as rare as Morris Minors these days.  But hey, maybe they are all in wrecked in a ditch somewhere.
  • It is a shame we Audi drivers get a bad rep. My experience is Focus drivers seem to have more than their fair share of twats.
    I do however hate driving in Essex where I live
    Yeah, that will be the mum's.

It is probably more to do with the car and not the driver, driving that Mazda 5 Sport, it stops on the button and can corner at 50mph.  You are up to 80mph before you know it and still think you are doing 40.

The problem with Audi's is probably testament to how good the actually cars are.

But the reality is the reality.  People need to get some self awareness.  2 weeks in a Suzuki Alto or a loaded 3.5T Smiley Ford Transit with no sound insulation would soon bring home a few realities and home truths about road safety and driving

• My MGTF with class 1 business costs £350. I live in a shitty post code and have 160bhp on tap in a very light car so why so cheap?
  • To be really aware you need to be a biker. I no longer ride as feel my reactions are no longer up to it.
    However , after several decades of 365 day a year biking , including 4 years of racing and getting my full racing license at club level , I know how shit can happen quickly . (Try losing the front end and Brands around clearways at over 80 MPH and hitting the straw bales.... soft they 'aint).

Audi's (particularly the Quattro) are fantastic to drive. I can understand TTTony view though , there seems to be an aggressive amount of styling going on , and actually big gaps in the models they offer. In the A3 they offer a 180 BHP , and the next one is the monster 300 BHP (S1) , there is a clear Gap.
    VW have the GTI at 225Bhp and the R at 300 BHP.

It's funny , but I am aware of the bad rep of audi drivers so I try to be extra courteous ! I also stick to speed limits. Much to the annoyance of the Focus following me an hour ago in a 30MPH limit....
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    My MGTF with class 1 business costs £350. I live in a shitty post code and have 160bhp on tap in a very light car so why so cheap?
    Because effette men tend to be careful drivers.
    My V key is broken