SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold 1992 PRS CU24 with gorgeous top

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7362
edited February 6 in Guitars £

Bought this from the gent that is welshboyo about 6 months ago. I’ve raved about it multiple times but an unexpected house renovation bill has come in meaning I need to sell a couple of guitars.

I can’t bring myself to sell any of my vintage ones but I’ve not played a CU24 of this era that isn’t great so I can grab another down the line . What I will say is to me this is the nicest top I’ve seen on one - it’s like a faded tortoiseshell and looks amazing in the flesh.

The guitar has been played so there are a few little dings and age related marks but nothing through the paint or particularly noticeable. The metal bridge has tarnished a bit but it’s got that 32 year old vibe that I like. It’s all original bar the tone pot (replaced with PRS one though) - plays great, sounds great with the HFS/VB combination.

Comes with the original hard case and some PRS candy - unfortunately I don’t have a box so you can either send me one or meet in Bath , Exeter , Winchester or Salisbury for a coffee and hand over 

Price wise a very reasonable £1650

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bobaccobobacco Frets: 537
    Crikey, that’s fantastic. GLWTS!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RebarRebar Frets: 138
    It's times like this that I wished I lived in England (or Scotland or Wales for that matter). That's beautiful. GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Now that's a stunner! 
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    What a guitar that was and @DrCornelius is an absolute pleasure to deal with, desirable era PRS for someone here..
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7362
    welshboyo said:
    What a guitar that was and @DrCornelius is an absolute pleasure to deal with, desirable era PRS for someone here..
    Cheers Wayne - shame the funds aren’t going towards the T6 as you are still way ahead of me on that front !
  • Jabba74Jabba74 Frets: 56
    That’s a great price for a CU24. Lovely top too. 
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 961
    Beautiful PRS Con, and another vote for an absolutely smashing chap to deal with. GLWS mate.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
    Cheers Ian , right back at you mate ! Hope you are well down there and that retirement is all you hoped for :-)
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 961
    Cheers Ian , right back at you mate ! Hope you are well down there and that retirement is all you hoped for :-)
    Never worked so hard in my life mate, but loving every minute. Thank you.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1469
    That's a steal. I've just dusted off my 87 and it's an astonishing guitar.  The CU24 is THE PRS for me.

Keep it Con.  Sell the house instead. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    welshboyo said:
    Cheers Wayne - shame the funds aren’t going towards the T6 as you are still way ahead of me on that front !
    I'm not sure I'm that way ahead of you, its spent most of the last 2 months parked up with a clutch fluid leak :s
    Keep coming back to this…and I’m not a PRS guy! But this is the sort of thing I’d take a way lower offer than what I was looking for on my Vigier - a trade with extra steps. 

However, given the limited market I don’t anticipate this being around if/when I sell, so sadly I can’t commit to anything right now - but best of luck and hope you get what you need out of it so you can get the renovations paid for! :)

ON HOLD PENDING LOGISTICS !

(thanks for the kind words @bobacco )
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    You’re welcome, Sir - congrats on the sale!

Sold to a fine chap on here 
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 849
    Lovely Con
  • danny_777danny_777 Frets: 662
    Beautiful. If the buyer wants to move this on down the line, please let me know.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5206
    Every one a winner Con, and that was no exception…. <3 Had it been a Custom 22 it would have been mine…..I would also like to propose that Con stands in for King Charles whilst he’s otherwise indisposed…. =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Ha , thanks Tone but I’m only selling what I bought from Wayne on here last year - he gave me a great deal and I’m just passing it on . I’m especially glad it’s gone to ‘one of us’ for that very reason :-)
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 627
    Ugh that’s a birth year PRS for me.. wish i had seen this  :'(