Cheap Chinese Trisonics

What's Hot
Has anybody ever tried these suspicious looking Trisonics?
or

I know they're not really Burns, but I've got an old Squier hanging around doing nothing, and quite fancied something different. So I was going to stick a set of these in. And have a sort of Red Specialocaster.

Just wondering if any of you guys have tried it before, and can talk me out/in to doing it.

Or if there's a better option for such a project.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    First option is Much cheap On ALi atm LINK @ about £80 Delivered, Just one review 5*'s can't find any info or YT demo's Wortth a punt at £80 better than ebays £112!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14446
    Guitar Fetish (GFS) offers assorted Red Special themed parts and kits.

To get the full BHM effect, you need to follow his series wiring circuit on a specially cut pickguard.

My experience with a modified Stratocaster is that it does not sound exactly like uncle Brian. The scale length and neck thickness are contributing factors.

Whilst the modified Stratocaster option is not EXACTLY the same as a Red Special, this does not prevent it from being enormous fun.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360
    Thanks for the replies, guys. (Sorry, I got really distracted and forgot I had posted this.)

That Ali link is great. Thanks so much. GFS do do really good stuff as well.
    I've now got the cheap red Squier to do the mods on, so stay tuned for the results (almost certainly from the Ali link). 
    If I remember to actually do it after all this.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1843
    edited March 8
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18800
    ^ I'd never underestimate Alan Entwistle's pickups based on their prices or by comparing them to high priced 'boutique' brands.
    They are very affordable pickups that sound pretty good...& that's it really.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    If the cheap ones turn out to be awful, I will almost certainly go for the Entwistles. I've had some of his hotrails before, and they're every bit as good as my 25-year-old Seymour originals.
    edited March 28
    It's much better than I thought it would be.
    Have a look/listen if you're interested.
    AliExpress loaded pickguard into a Squier Affinity rescued from the local tip for £20.

Very happy.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    It's much better than I thought it would be.
    Have a look/listen if you're interested.
    AliExpress loaded pickguard into a Squier Affinity rescued from the local tip for £20.

Very happy.

Thanks for the headsup and sample/review/feedback, what did they cost delivered in the end ? i know that Ali do run first order duscounts (which also dont seem to apply to everything????/) and offers so prices can swing by a good 40% ! still find it the cheapest place "most" of the time, that said though i did pick up a Guyker 5 string headless bass bridge from the same ali seller/outlet but on AZ uk that worked out about 22% cheaper than ali.

Cheers
    I think the loaded guard was about £75 delivered. So even better than you said.