SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Feeler - WTB Revstar RSP20

19791979 Frets: 88
Is anyone selling a Japanese Revstar at all? I’ve had a few of the Indonesian versions and am tempted to try one of the top level versions. I haven’t played a Japanese one so would welcome any info
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CarbonCopyCarbonCopy Frets: 246
    I tried an RSP20 with humbuckers and and RSP02 with the single coils last week.

They were nicely made and played well. They didn't blow me away though. I was expecting a much lighter and resonant guitar given the chambered body, but it was quite a lump. The pickups were ok. I definitely preferred the humbuckers to the single coils. The focus switch was a nice surprise though and produced the best sounds from both models.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of trying them through a Boss Katana which didn't bring out the best in either guitar. I'd like to try them again through a decent amp if there are lighter examples about.

Overall, it didn't feel like a £1600 guitar. I can't imagine there being a great deal of difference between them and the cheaper models. Best try them out yourself so you can make the comparison.
  • 19791979 Frets: 88
    That’s quite interesting, particularly the point about the feel. That’s primarily what I’m searching for as I like the style of the Revstar but was looking for that ‘premium’ feel. I’ll check them out then, thank you for your advice