Pickup Covers For R4

What's Hot
JtaylorJtaylor Frets: 182
edited February 7 in Guitar
I recently became the custodian of a 2006 Gibson 1954 reissue gold top Les Paul which is a great guitar however the stock pickup covers are far too pinky / tan in colour (they are noticeably different in colour to the pick guard). The previous owner provided some Bare Knuckle covers which are apparently there "bone" colour, but they look far too white alongside the pick guard. Does anyone have a recommendation for P90 covers that will more closely match the pick guard, and so be more of an off white? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4703
    You know there's a simple answer which doesn't involve swapping the covers, and will make the guitar lighter, right?   ;)
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4265
    crazyparts.de
  • JtaylorJtaylor Frets: 182
    Aha, thanks @Jonathangus ;

@guitargeek62 thanks for the recommendation, they look great but hadn't quite expected them to cost so much! Are there any other more cost effective ones that will be the same sort of colour? 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5117
    Jtaylor said:
    I recently became the custodian of a 2006 Gibson 1954 reissue gold top Les Paul which is a great guitar however the stock pickup covers are far too pinky / tan in colour (they are noticeably different in colour to the pick guard). The previous owner provided some Bare Knuckle covers which are apparently there "bone" colour, but they look far too white alongside the pick guard. Does anyone have a recommendation for P90 covers that will more closely match the pick guard, and so be more of an off white? 
    If you look at pictures of old soapbar Les Pauls the pickup covers and scratchplate are usually different shades, not the same colour at all. So I’d agree go for less pinky ones but personally I wouldn’t worry about matching the pickguard colour. Good luck with the hunt.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JtaylorJtaylor Frets: 182
    Thanks @fretfinder you are right! 
  • Jtaylor said:
    Aha, thanks @Jonathangus ;

@guitargeek62 thanks for the recommendation, they look great but hadn't quite expected them to cost so much! Are there any other more cost effective ones that will be the same sort of colour? 
    I’m not sure tbh, but their prices across things are generally inline with most other places, plus they tend to have hard-to-find bits. I’ve actually got a couple of things arriving from them today :)