tFB south eastern jam session at Powerhouse Studios, Weybridge on Sat 25th May 2024 12-5pm.

What's Hot

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4975
    edited May 6
    Neilybob said:
    Hi, happy to go with majority vote, but I'd certainly prefer jam / songs in some form.

Sounds like I'm the only one coming that has some drumming experience? The problem here is that I haven't had time to learn any of the songs, and haven't had any practice for about 18 months due to time constraints and no space for a kit.

That said I'm trying to arrange a practice session out of home next week, and I'll see how things look then.

I'd still like to do Staying Out For The Summer on guitar (vocals a maybe).

Lonesome Highway and Evening Of The Day haven't generated much interest, so let's drop them.

Acoustic approach is a good shout as backup plan, as is backing tracks.

I've found this site, which does customisation on parts for tracks, e.g:

Seems nifty, no affiliation. They've got about half of the tracks on the list.

£2 a pop, happy to contribute to whatever if it comes to it. I'd rather spend the music fund for this month on a practice session than another pedal that only gets used a few times smile 

That’s a great idea.

i can also bash out on guitar -

Born to be wild 
    Jumpin Jack Flash
    All Right Now
    Valerie

I used to play bass on "Born to Be Wild" and "All Right Now" back in the day (I remember I convinced my band that there was a bass solo in Born to Be Wild!).
    Funnily enough I was playing the guitar riff of Alright Now just yesterday; my pinky isn't long enough to fret the A on the bottom E string though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6910
    edited May 6
    There was a part of me wanting to put my hand up to learn the Comfortably Numb solos but there's next to no chance of me being able to play something that iconic in front of a bunch of other guitarists without clamming up. 

I'm also on day 1 of my month dedicated to finally getting the Cliffs of Dover intro (at half speed) down. But I might sneak a quick look at it this week and see how I feel about doing it. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 838
    prowla said:
    Neilybob said:
    Hi, happy to go with majority vote, but I'd certainly prefer jam / songs in some form.

Sounds like I'm the only one coming that has some drumming experience? The problem here is that I haven't had time to learn any of the songs, and haven't had any practice for about 18 months due to time constraints and no space for a kit.

That said I'm trying to arrange a practice session out of home next week, and I'll see how things look then.

I'd still like to do Staying Out For The Summer on guitar (vocals a maybe).

Lonesome Highway and Evening Of The Day haven't generated much interest, so let's drop them.

Acoustic approach is a good shout as backup plan, as is backing tracks.

I've found this site, which does customisation on parts for tracks, e.g:

Seems nifty, no affiliation. They've got about half of the tracks on the list.

£2 a pop, happy to contribute to whatever if it comes to it. I'd rather spend the music fund for this month on a practice session than another pedal that only gets used a few times smile 

That’s a great idea.

i can also bash out on guitar -

Born to be wild 
    Jumpin Jack Flash
    All Right Now
    Valerie

I used to play bass on "Born to Be Wild" and "All Right Now" back in the day (I remember I convinced my band that there was a bass solo in Born to Be Wild!).
    Funnily enough I was playing the guitar riff just yesterday; my pinky isn't long enough to fret the A on the bottom E string though.
    Bahaha that’s awesome !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I am no vocalist but I'll have a bash at Born to be Wild (ear defenders optional). Might need a backup guitarist though. 

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2814
    I’m doing vocals on Wayward Son too
    sev112 said:
    I’m doing vocals on Wayward Son too
    Song list updated.

2 weeks today! 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6957
    I dropped out a few weeks ago- sorry got too much on at the moment.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    I dropped out a few weeks ago- sorry got too much on at the moment.
    Sorry, will whip you off the list. 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4975
    edited May 11
    I hadn't realised I wasn't confirmed - it's in my calendar!
    I can do bass on Jailbreak too.
    Might see if I can learn a couple of others as well.
    BTW, Staying out for the Summer is on the list twice - is that the encore?
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2814
    If anyone wants to do stairway to heaven?  Some of yo7 must be able to do the solo on that. I don’t mind vocals again, maybe fingerpicking bit too
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3922
    Neilybob said:
    2 weeks today! 

Confirmed attendance from - 

I've never said I can make it, sorry
    Lebarque said:
    Neilybob said:
    2 weeks today! 

Confirmed attendance from - 

I've never said I can make it, sorry
    No problem. You have been removed from the list. 
  • oeljadioeljadi Frets: 25
    @Neilybob I'm still hoping to come. I'm sure I can manage rhythm guitar on Jailbreak and Born to Be Wild! 
    oeljadi said:
    @Neilybob I'm still hoping to come. I'm sure I can manage rhythm guitar on Jailbreak and Born to Be Wild! 
    Thanks for confirming. 
  • TeleKinesisTeleKinesis Frets: 21
    I wasn't able to arrange drums practice this week, unfortunately. A lot of other life stuff happening.

Backing tracks are the way forward, then.

Looks like we still need some bass playing, so I'm happy to do that for Celebrity Hit List, Sweet Home Alabama and Wishlist.

Could look at other tracks, but I'll give other people a chance to jump in, if they want to.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6910
    Finally got round to looking at Wishlist today. All very nice and simple and straightforward. 

As Who Knows and Hear my Train are just improv jams in D and E (flat, obviously) I think I'm good to go. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4638
    I was going to suggest we drop Celebrity Hit List as there aren't many takers.  I can refresh myself on Jailbreak if we want to do a couple of run-throughs.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

Life has gotta in the way (ug) and I haven't learnt Wayward Son lead. Any takers? 

Will update the song list later today 
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4638
    Also you seem to have me down for rhythm on Wayward Son.  And not down for vocals on Wishlist.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb