Drum machines - live samples

So, I'm not sure that a looper is going to work for me in this situation (but I am looking at it)

Ideally what I'd like a drum machine which I can :

Record a few samples into i.e. my foot stomp box, egg shaker etc
Foot start/stop
Two different patterns for verse chorus, again, changed by foot 

Is there anything in a physical format which can do this?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10263
    Okay this is 2 months out of date but maybe you#re still looking.

Yea there's lots. It depends if you just want a sampler, or want a drum machine, or a groove box. It also depends on how much you want to spend.

Some samplers have microphones built in, others will need a mic attached, some you can just sample via a line in from another audio source and so on.

The Elekron Digitakt has a fantastic sampler and also has all the drum sounds and ability to shape them that you could want, but the other synth engines are a bit limited.  They're also about £600 new. You could go for a groovebox like a MPC One, which is fantastic value, has a great drum synth engine, has a great sampler too, and ability to splice them up, and all the plugin packs and samples you could ask for online, but you need to go through them, and it's not as instantly useable as something like the Digitakt but has everything in there. 

If you want something with a decent sampler, is fun and creative but doesn't break the bank the Teenage Engineering EP-133 KO2 looks great but I'm not sure about transferring samples from the device to another..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom