Digitech Drop

What's Hot
svejksvejk Frets: 148

Anyone tried one of these? Looks really interesting....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Jkg92XSUM

I always thought pitch shifting pedals would only be good for single strings, not chords. Has anyone tried one - does it work as well in 'real life'? Ta muchly!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    The Whammy has had polyphonic detuning for nearly 2 years now. The Morpheus droptune came out 3 years ago.

Nothing new here.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • svejksvejk Frets: 148
    New to me though! Have you used the Whammy? I'm particularly interested in how it works with chords. I'm looking for an instant baritone kind of thing...
    Yes I have used it. It's quite good. I suggest trying one.
  • I used a Morpheus Droptune, which is basically the same thing - the octave down plus dry signal was brilliant, sounded spot on and actually quite useful when you need to beef things up a bit.
    <space for hire>
  • BradBrad Frets: 675
    edited October 2014
    I've got on on the way, so I'll find out on Monday! I have the Morpheus Droptune, but the Digitech's smaller footprint seems like a god send. Hopefully it'll be as good if not better than the Morpheus...
    Thanks @brad - I look forward to hearing what you think!
    All being well I'll have it on a gig this Tuesday, so I'll let you know my findings.
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    is it any different to the EHX Pitchfork? 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • Brad said:
    I've got on on the way, so I'll find out on Monday! I have the Morpheus Droptune, but the Digitech's smaller footprint seems like a god send. Hopefully it'll be as good if not better than the Morpheus...
    The big plus would be running on a standard 9V power supply...
    <space for hire>
    All wasn't well, so it didn't turn up till this afternoon which is frustrating but anyway...

Had a little play with it earlier and I think it's pretty good. This was only bedroom levels mind, so I'll reserve proper judgement till I use it at a rehearsal or gig. Nice tidy footprint and it comes with a 9V power supply which is great.
    It doesn't sound as processed as the Morpheus, but you do get a bit of warble when playing chords in the lower settings (which i kinda expected), but single note riffs still sound strong.

The only drawback I can think of is that I need to used my hand to change the settings with the dial. With the Morpheus it is really easy to do it with your feet on the fly. But thats a very minor quibble.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited October 2014
    Hertz32 said:
    I got a Pitchfork this week - it's streets ahead of both a whammy or morpheous droptune (both of which I have used for years) in terms of tracking and how effectively polyphonic it is - can use it down downtune to as far as F (from E) and it still sounds awesome - the morpheous especoally sounds horribly processed and laggy in comparison, the massive size and weight, and possibly different PSU type for the whammy make the Pitchfork, and the Drop great buys imo
    Thanks @Brad and @bloodeagle - that's really helpful. Guess I'll have to try them both... I wonder if the glitchyness could be masked a bit by putting it first in the chain? Thanks for the reviews - looks like the EHX and Drop are both in the running.
    Hertz32 said:
    I got a Pitchfork this week - it's streets ahead of both a whammy or morpheous droptune (both of which I have used for years) in terms of tracking and how effectively polyphonic it is - can use it down downtune to as far as F (from E) and it still sounds awesome - the morpheous especoally sounds horribly processed and laggy in comparison, the massive size and weight, and possibly different PSU type for the whammy make the Pitchfork, and the Drop great buys imo
    This surprises me hugely. EHX aren't that well known for their pitch effects, and Digitech have a healthy lineage.