SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

(NOW SOLD) FS - CIJ Fender Jazzmaster plus upgrades - £1000

baizemasterbaizemaster Frets: 4
edited February 14 in Guitars £

As I’m a little unfamiliar with adding photos to a post on here, please try this link or message me for photos -https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/406158481840184/

For sale is my Crafted In Japan Fender Jazzmaster. I bought this guitar around a year ago and it is a truly exceptional instrument, however this guitar is currently surplus to my requirements.

This particular model is a Crafted In Japan version with the limited edition matching headstock. The serial number shows it was produced between 2006 and 2008 (Japanese Fenders are notoriously vague when it comes to dating). It is in immaculate, shop condition, no dings or marks that I can see (I never say mint as someone will always find something under a magnifying glass).

This particular model has had the 2 big Jazzmaster issues addressed; the bridge, and the volume pot. Any Jazzmaster user knows that the standard bridge is not particularly good. This model has an authentic Fender replacement installed which has improved playability quite dramatically. The other Jazzmaster issue is the 1 Meg volume pot. This will generally lead to an overly bright, harsh tone on the high end. I had a 500k pot installed to avoid this issue. All work was carried out by guitar expert Denis Robinson aka Heywood Guitar Doctor (I strongly urge you to check out his work of FB, you won’t find anyone better in the north of the UK). The original parts are included in the sale should you wish to reinstall any of them.

I will include a brand new but very basic Fender gig bag with this sale. The whammy bar (pictured) is also included.

This is listed as a mainland UK only sale. Returns are not accepted, so please be fully aware of what you are buying, there is no buyers remorse offered here. I am based in Kendal, collection is preferred, however postage is available on this STRICTLY AT THE BUYERS COST AND RISK. I will package the guitar up vey carefully and will send photos of the process, but ultimately it is the buyer who will take the risk with shipping and insurance.

I’m not looking for any trades on this, nor am I looking for someone to send a courier with an envelope of cash (which will be reported, named and shamed). 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1230
    edited February 11
    Lovely Jazzmaster. Good luck with the sale.

Link to my trading feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    edited February 11
    Nice. If Denis has done the work, it will be top notch graft. He’s a fantastic man, great guitar tech and all round gentleman. 

Anyone North of Manchester should check him out if you need guitars sorting. Fair prices too. 

Good luck with the sale.  

PS - Just traded with Den, snagged his Strat and he got my Yamaha Semi. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom