SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: *price drop* PRS SE Silver Sky in Moon White // SOLD: Ibanez Prestige AZ2402

What's Hot
robertyroberty Frets: 10915
edited March 1 in Guitars £

*price drop* FS - PRS SE Silver Sky - Moon White

I got this for recording Strat bits at home and it really does that. It has had an easy life, been looked after and kept clean and not left the home.

It has a comfortable neck (claimed to be modelled after one of Mayer's own vintage strats) but is a little on the slim side which means I've never bonded with it fully. I've just got a fugly Shergold chomker with a fat neck and 2 out of 3 strat pickups which will do the same job for me but more comfortably.

I had the frets professionally levelled and polished by Phil Jones in Bristol, who also did some finessing of the nut. The frets were a solid 7/10 from the factory but they are close to perfect now, and you can divebomb all day without any tuning mishaps. I've swapped the vintage style saddles for steel blocks because I don't like the feeling of tiny grub screws sticking into my hand. The original saddles are with the guitar if you are the sort of masochist who enjoys that pain

Given the work its had to make it play as well as possible I would like

£500 posted
£480 posted

Price drop £465 posted

Or we can arrange something for collection/meet-up around Bristol

SOLD - Ibanez Prestige AZ2402 - Pearl White

Japanese Suhr-alike, modern but not pointy, with a slim but full-feeling neck. Feels a bit like driving a sports car
  • Seymour Duncan pickups (Hyperion)
  • Clever 5-way switching system with two-way toggle for 5 extra sounds (this is not a gimmick, they are all usable)
  • Oiled, roasted maple neck with 12" radius
  • Jumbo stainless steel frets
  • Gotoh two-point trem with locking bar, titanium saddles and steel sustain block (probably the best I've used)
  • Gotoh locking tuners and Gotoh oversized strap buttons
  • Made in Japan
I wanted a 24 fret guitar so being the way I am I ended up with two of the same model. First I ordered a new one, then I immediately saw this for sale second hand near me so I grabbed it, but then after comparing the two decided I slightly prefer the neck on the first one. The neck on this has slightly less shoulder, although it is marginal, and this one is more comfortable for me after the 12th.

The white finish looks great in person. It was hard to capture well on my phone camera. For some reason it shows up better on the photos of the back. Also it doesn't collect fingerprints like my sunburst one does.

I don't detect any damage except it looks like someone has been a bit clumsy with the hex wrench while adjusting the truss rod, I've tried to photograph this.

Strung up with a fresh set of 9s in E standard

Thanks for looking

£1150 posted

Price dropped to £1100 posted

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments