SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED WTB Laney AOR or Sound City 120 or…..

What's Hot
edited February 13 in Amps £
As the tile suggests. Wanting a big valve beast to record some stoner/doom metal. Think EW, Sleep and Kyuss. Anything interesting out there??
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steven70steven70 Frets: 1267
    edited February 12
    I have an AOR Pro Tube 100 Series II owned by me since 1989. I would need to dig it out and test it.
    The amp has lived a life - are you worried about cosmetic condition? Where are you based? 

Edit: I can see Leeds on your profile. That might not work, I am south and not up for posting.
  • CatthanCatthan Frets: 357
    I have a JCM800 2203x Gower- modded to Dan’s take on the Suhr SE+/ Aldrich mod I’m thinking of selling.

would be £1450 shipped 

• steven70 said:
    I have an AOR Pro Tube 100 Series II owned by me since 1989. I would need to dig it out and test it.
    Are you worried about cosmetic condition? Where are you based? Cheers

Edit: I can see Leeds on your profile. That might not work, I am south and not up for posting.
    Ah shame that would be perfect!
  • edited February 12
    Catthan said:
    I have a JCM800 2203x Gower- modded to Dan’s take on the Suhr SE+/ Aldrich mod I’m thinking of selling.

would be £1450 shipped 

Thanks! Bit more than I can afford but sounds ace
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5002
    NB - kyuss is a lot less valvey than you might think.

Obvs Jus used to like his sound city with cab modded with my first bands logo and Liz likes the AOR with everything cranked up. I believe she actually bought it from Matt Pike in the Sourvein days, according to T-Roy. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gjonesygjonesy Frets: 146
    steven70 said:

same! AOR Protube 100w had it for past 15y. Need to test it out, but I'm a little closer in the midlands
    I'm actually waiting for a reply from Laney on getting it (and a VC50) serviced
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1267
    edited February 13
    gjonesy said:
    steven70 said:

same! AOR Protube 100w had it for past 15y. Need to test it out, but I'm a little closer in the midlands
    I'm actually waiting for a reply from Laney on getting it (and a VC50) serviced
    Nice! This inspired me to dig mine out. Fired up OK and it's an absolute beast. Weighs a ton though.
    If you're anywhere near Kingswinford, I think Mike at MAJ Electronics can also service the AOR.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HogwashHogwash Frets: 4
    I have an AOR ProTube 50 watt 1x12 combo available. I am in London but can meet if required. Muscle amps from the good old days!