Deadpool & Wolverine Teaser

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4307
    Watched it last night, it’s pretty dull unfortunately imo.

Yes - lots of cameos and meta references (in addition to the expected 4th-wall breaks), some good, some… not so good.

Yes - there’s lots of fight sequences.

No - there’s nothing actually new here.

5/10 - on par with Deadpool 2, but a drop from the first one.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28140
    I thought it was miles better than the first 2… 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16550
    Just watched it. Absolutely fantastic and basically perfect for what it’s trying to achieve. 

Anyone who isn’t a comic book fan will not understand half the jokes and think it’s shit but they’re wrong and that’s ok. 
    I listened to the Kermode review and he was saying a lot of it is injokes/references to the MCU. 
    As someone who loved Marvel when I was 14 I quite like the more old school or slightly different stuff (Iron Man, first Deadpool, Logan) but I'll sit this one out. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Just watched it. Absolutely fantastic and basically perfect for what it’s trying to achieve. 

Anyone who isn’t a comic book fan will not understand half the jokes and think it’s shit but they’re wrong and that’s ok. 
    I listened to the Kermode review and he was saying a lot of it is injokes/references to the MCU. 
    As someone who loved Marvel when I was 14 I quite like the more old school or slightly different stuff (Iron Man, first Deadpool, Logan) but I'll sit this one out. 
    It's actually far more in jokes about the non-MCU Marvel movies, fwiw. 

But either way lots of people won't get it, which is fine. But those who do will love it. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4307
    My problem with it was mostly that >50% of the script felt like in-jokes and meta references rather than anything to actually move the plot along. That got tired very quickly for me, and pulled me out of the rest of the film. 

P.s. this from someone who’s really enjoyed the DP comics for 20+ years!
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 880
    Won't spoil it by clicking the link as off to see it tonight.  
    Trading feedback - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228538/neilybob

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27293
    edited 2:28PM
    My problem with it was mostly that >50% of the script felt like in-jokes and meta references rather than anything to actually move the plot along.
    That's half the reason I'm going to see it! D

Here's the thing: did anybody ever go to see 48 Hours for the plot? This is, basically, a buddy film along the same lines - Hugh Jackman even said that's where he got his inspiration for where it goes. It's really only about Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman playing their best characters opposite each other, and that's enough for me.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    My problem with it was mostly that >50% of the script felt like in-jokes and meta references rather than anything to actually move the plot along.
    That's half the reason I'm going to see it! D

Here's the thing: did anybody ever go to see 48 Hours for the plot? This is, basically, a buddy film along the same lines - Hugh Jackman even said that's where he got his inspiration for where it goes. It's really only about Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman playing their best characters opposite each other, and that's enough for me.
    This is how I saw it. Jackman's (almost certainly) last hurrah in a fun way after the seriousness and excellence of Logan, and possibly the last Deadpool flick