Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28142
    I have a horrible worry this may lean too far into parody but I hope it nails it. 

I also hope they use it to clear the slate of half the stuff that isn’t working (cough *Eternals*…) 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27293
    Something makes me feel really uneasy about that trailer. While I realise there are limited ways they could do this, my first thought was "FFS, not the TVA...".

I mean, I'm one of the few who actually liked Loki (Sylvie's nonsensical character aside), but they already have a way to do this in the DP films - Cable's time travel device. They could've just gone down the temporal-transporter-accident route and skipped all of that stuff.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Something makes me feel really uneasy about that trailer. While I realise there are limited ways they could do this, my first thought was "FFS, not the TVA...".

I mean, I'm one of the few who actually liked Loki (Sylvie's nonsensical character aside), but they already have a way to do this in the DP films - Cable's time travel device. They could've just gone down the temporal-transporter-accident route and skipped all of that stuff.
    Nah im ok with that. If they’re doing a multiverse thing the. It makes sense to tie it to the MCU-verse via the TVA. It’d be weirder if this didn’t involve them imo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • It might also lean into to Deadpool vs the universe, allowing DP to ‘prune’ lots of stuff that didn’t work out well in MCU… or at least, one can hope!
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 518
    Are we to assume Wrexham will make an appearance on the big screen?
  • euaneuan Frets: 1714
    edited February 12
    MrTee said:
    Are we to assume Wrexham will make an appearance on the big screen?
    Yes because they have already established that Ryan Reynolds plays Deadpool in films in the multiverse.

Which is fun thinking that in the MCU Multiverse there exists a recursive timeline…
    It might also lean into to Deadpool vs the universe, allowing DP to ‘prune’ lots of stuff that didn’t work out well in MCU… or at least, one can hope!
    I've actually got that book - it's excellent.

...and that's a brilliantly subversive idea, which Disney absolutely won't do ;)
    <space for hire>
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25050
    It might also lean into to Deadpool vs the universe, allowing DP to ‘prune’ lots of stuff that didn’t work out well in MCU… or at least, one can hope!
    I've actually got that book - it's excellent.

...and that's a brilliantly subversive idea, which Disney absolutely won't do ;)
    But they could.... and then at the end show that DP wasn't in the actual Prime MCU at all.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1468
    edited February 12
    As someone with an aversion to anything in spandex (along with wands, CGI and Will Smith features) at the movies - this might well be one of those exceedingly rare trips I make to the local multiplex.

Loved the first Deadpool, the second I was sniffy about but repeated viewings improved my view of it. 
    The writing has just been first class sharp and witty throughout. Ryan Reynolds was born to play this character.

I couldn't give a fig how they''ve neglected the backstory of how Dr. Zeus buying ice cream for Hawkmendus in X Men 27 led to the initiation of Project Icarus - this is Bug Bunny for adults... and one of those rare moments in life where it does what it says on the tin.

Count me in.
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7237
    Looks a bit samey, so will probably avoid it at cinema and wait until it is on streaming
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24210
    I didn't know what the TVA was, but having Matthew Macfadyen in the trailer made it look a bit like a Kingsman movie...

It looks OK.  So long as it's not a 12-certificate I'll be reasonably happy.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12150
    Philly_Q said:
    I didn't know what the TVA was, but having Matthew Macfadyen in the trailer made it look a bit like a Kingsman movie...

TVA is the Time police, their job is to police the various time line to ensure they don't go too far out of whack. 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8213
    Philly_Q said:

Watch Loki on Disney plus.  It explains the TVA, and is one of the best things Marvel have made. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 1018
    TheMarlin said:
    Philly_Q said:

Watch Loki on Disney plus.  It explains the TVA, and is one of the best things Marvel have made. 

Well, it is good, apart from all the TVA tosh.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24210
    TheMarlin said:
    Philly_Q said:

I started watching it ages ago and didn't get past the first episode.  I meant to try it again, but I've become a bit disenchanted with all things Marvel - the TV shows even more than the movies.
    Philly_Q said:
    TheMarlin said:
    Philly_Q said:

I started watching it ages ago and didn't get past the first episode.  I meant to try it again, but I've become a bit disenchanted with all things Marvel - the TV shows even more than the movies.
    To be honest, Loki is probably the best of the TV shows, and the second season is better than the first (a couple of episodes aside). It also provides a proper ending for Loki's story (I don't think I'm spoiling anything there).
    <space for hire>
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2634
    tFB Trader
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7447
    I preferred the first season of Loki to the second. I think something like the TVA kind needs to remain not fully explained. Although obviously moving to resolution of story arcs also puts immediate temptation to go in that direction.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Just watched it. Absolutely fantastic and basically perfect for what it’s trying to achieve. 

Anyone who isn’t a comic book fan will not understand half the jokes and think it’s shit but they’re wrong and that’s ok. 
  • ChimpankieChimpankie Frets: 379
    Philly_Q said:
    TheMarlin said:
    Philly_Q said:

To be honest, Loki is probably the best of the TV shows, and the second season is better than the first (a couple of episodes aside). It also provides a proper ending for Loki's story (I don't think I'm spoiling anything there).
    I found season 1 decent but thought season 2 did a lot of wheel spinning and the story arc was a bit underbaked. Of the TV shows, I thought Wandavision was best by some margin, also thought Echo was v good. I really enjoyed Xmen 97 too and hope there’s at least some head nods to it in Deadpool and Wolverine… going to see it Sunday