SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SC Relics Telecasters, Brad Paisley Telecaster neck

What's Hot
jim50hertzjim50hertz Frets: 30
edited February 23 in Guitars £
It's come to the point of slimming down my guitar collection.  It's inevitable.  Truth be told I have a Gretsch 53VS Duo Jet with SD Custom shop Dynas, 50s wiring and a stacked tone control which does everything I want a guitar to do.  The other guitars are not getting used so time to move them on.  If I do it quick it won't hurt so much so here goes.

Here are two Spaltking Canada 100yo pine bodies, finished by Scott and built up into full guitars.  Light, airy and resonant and finished by two excellent local luthiers here in Glasgow.  I'll go through the specs on each one.

First up is the amber nitro finished La Cabronita style guitar.  Warmoth flamed roasted maple neck.  Spec sheet pictured.  Stunning neck which feels amazing, it's a boat neck profile and is super comfy.  Gabojo Dynasonic pickups, CTS 500k Pots, custom 3 ply tort pickguard, Deusenberg tremolo, Vibramate bridge with compensated brass saddles.  Gretsch 50s style stacked tone pot with PIO caps.  This really sets the guitar off in terms of tonal versatility.  It wants to sit around 65-75% for neutral tone, then brighter as you turn up and darker as you turn down.  From funk to rock to jazz, it's all in here.  Guitar is foil shielded and sounds fantastic. All metal parts are tastefully aged and the nitro has some lovely laquer checking going on.  Electrosocket jack cup.  Only ever played at home. This would be going nowhere if it weren't for the Duo Jet.  Looking for £1400.

Next up is this beauty.  Pine body, Cavalier Phoenix true Firebird neck and middle pickups custom wound for me and a Cavalier Fat Lion in the bridge.  Nicely balanced.  5 way switch for all the strat positions and an extra switch giving the tele neck/middle position.  CTS 250k pots, PIO cap, aged Gotoh bridge and saddles, Axecaster aged Gotoh tuners.  Shielded and sounds amazing.  Bright and airy when you want it and nicely responsive to the tone control.  Again, superb finish from Scott.  Some lovely yellowing and laquer checking on this one. Neck is a Brad Paisley telecaster neck.  Starting to age really nicely.  Kind of a hybrid soft v flattening out a little as you go up the neck. Specs online. Got this and the separate on from the Stratosphere so imported from the USA.  really hard to find these necks.  Plays great and nicely setup for 10s.  Home use only again.  £1300 on this one.

Will post the Baritone neck and the separate Paisley neck in a bit.

Cheers!

Jim
1reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• brucegillbrucegill Frets: 725
    My word, that first one is stunning! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 537
    That Bigsby’d Tele…that’s gotta be the nicest neck I’ve seen! Amazing guitars, GLWTS!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Beautiful guitars!
  • brucegill said:
    My word, that first one is stunning! 
    bobacco said:
    That Bigsby’d Tele…that’s gotta be the nicest neck I’ve seen! Amazing guitars, GLWTS!
    Beautiful guitars!
    Thanks guys! That flame roasted maple neck is the most stable neck I’ve experienced. I don’t think it’s moved since the guitar went together. 
  • jim50hertzjim50hertz Frets: 30
    edited February 23
    Ok necks - 

Brad Paisley tele neck.  Great shape, been on a guitar, home use only.  Some minor signs of use but aging nicely, finish checking happening and feels great with the oil finish. Not common to find away from a full guitar and probably my favourite tele neck profile.  £375 with aged Gotoh tuners. 

Fender Subsonic Tele Baritone conversion neck.  Again it's been on a guitar for a short while but it's pretty much mint.  Modern mex Fender tuners.  Plays really nice and dead straight.  Will throw in some Bari strings if I can find 'em.  Save yourself a few quid on the neck/tuners package at SOLD
  • Those two Teles are stunning! However, you might have more luck listing the necks in a separate thread on the £ Parts sub-forum.  :)
  • Those two Teles are stunning! However, you might have more luck listing the necks in a separate thread on the £ Parts sub-forum.  :)
    Thanks dude! 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8147
    edited February 13
    Nice tele. Never heard of Gabojo pickups before, but the dynasonics look well made, great construction. 
    Are these long magnet or short magnet versions?
    edited February 14
    Thanks @TheMarlin.  These are the short magnet version.  I think Dynasonics are my favourite pickups.  Since having a Dearmond M75 some years ago (I know they have more in common with P90s but they’re what started the journey towards the Duo Jet). 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8147
    edited February 14
    Thanks @TheMarlin.  These are the short magnet version.  I think Dynasonics are my favourite pickups.  Since having a Dearmond M75 some years ago (I know they have more in common with P90s but they’re what started the journey towards the Duo Jet). 
    The M75 didn’t have Dynasonics.  It had DeArmond 2000 pickups, similar, but different. Dynasonics have much more girth in the mids, a chewier fatter sound.  Regardless, both types are excellent pickups. 

As these have the short magnets, are they more 2000 or dynasonic like?  Would love to hear a set of these vs T-Armonds.

anyway, cool tele.  Love the Radiator trem, way better than a Bigsby B5. 
  • Yup, 2000s in the M75.  Great pickups but not Dynas.  I put TArmonds in that guitar shortly before selling it, wasn’t feeling them in that particular guitar.  Nor did I particularly like them in Duo Jet, which now has SD Custom Shop Dynas. Tbf I didn’t spend a lot of time dialing them in before swapping them out.

The Gabojos have short magnets aye, but sound to my ears more like ‘proper’ Dynasonics.  The depth of filtertron mount allow more of a true to life Dyna construction from what I can tell.  The 2000s were in a shallow Dyna mount and were sealed at the back and potted I think.

If I get a moment I’ll record a wee comparison between the SDs and the Gabojos.  In different guitars so not sure quite how meaningful it’ll be!
  • A couple of folks have asked so I thought I’d post the weights here.

Both guitars are weighing in at 6lb 7/8ths.

Best

Jim
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3072
    What does "6lb 7/8ths" mean?
  • I’d say 6.875lb
    Bump
    Easter bump, happy to chat around prices 
    Neck is now SOLD
    Bump, some interest but both guitars still available, am happy to negotiate some