HSS Pickup question

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• AlegreeAlegree Frets: 670
    edited February 15 tFB Trader
    Dave_Mc said:
    Gemini (and maybe also Catswhisker and Alegree) does something a bit like that- one coil is a genuine single coil with rod magnets, and the other coil is more humbucker-like. The single coil side is also tapped in humbucker mode so it doesn't overpower the humbucker coil in humbucker mode.

Obviously it's not identical to a PAF in humbucker mode, though. But it sounds pretty humbuckery, and get very good split tones.
    Probably not the model you're referring to, but the Chameleon is the answer to this problem.
    Great Guitar Build Off 2023 Invitational - Pickup Combinations and Demo - YouTube
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2462
    Alegree said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    Gemini (and maybe also Catswhisker and Alegree) does something a bit like that- one coil is a genuine single coil with rod magnets, and the other coil is more humbucker-like. The single coil side is also tapped in humbucker mode so it doesn't overpower the humbucker coil in humbucker mode.

Obviously it's not identical to a PAF in humbucker mode, though. But it sounds pretty humbuckery, and get very good split tones.
    Probably not the model you're referring to, but the Chameleon is the answer to this problem.
    Great Guitar Build Off 2023 Invitational - Pickup Combinations and Demo - YouTube
    I'm sure you've sussed this out, but just for anyone else the Solar Flare is the one I was thinking of.

The wiring for the Chameleon kind of scares me! :o
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 670
    tFB Trader
    Dave_Mc said:
    Alegree said:
    Dave_Mc said:

I'm sure you've sussed this out, but just for anyone else the Solar Flare is the one I was thinking of.

It's only as scary as you want to make it. It is just as easy to wire up as a 4 con humbucker if you just want hb/split.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2462
    Alegree said:
    Dave_Mc said:
    It's only as scary as you want to make it. It is just as easy to wire up as a 4 con humbucker if you just want hb/split.
    Yeah but all the options are half the fun!  =)