Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Oasis to reform?

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
Liam has apparently tweeted that Beady eye has split ... speculation is he's about to announce that Oasis has reformed. No doubt to headline Glastonbury next year for a fat pile of cash ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18289
    tFB Trader
    I'd be really surprised given that Noel is gearing up for a new album and a tour and he doesn't exactly need the money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24989
    ....and that Beady Eye was the last incarnation of Oasis, without Noel.

It sounds like everyone has fallen out with everyone....
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28628
    They won't reform for Glastonbury. Every time they played there it was terrible (apart from 94 when they were brand new). Include that Noel's just announced his new album I can't see it happening.

Beady Eye is hardly a loss to the world though. Bloody terrible.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    I never really got Oasis. It just sounded like rehashed Beatles to me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18289
    tFB Trader
    chillidoggy;392532" said:
    I never really got people thinking Oasis sounded like The Beatles. To me they sound more like Slade, or The Sex Pistols. Even his more acoustic stuff tends to owe more to Burt Bacharach IMO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28628
    edited October 2014
    There were plenty of nods to Beatles songs in the lyrics, but really not at all sonically apart from the odd chord structure. Yet Radiohead never get any shit for stealing Sexy Sadie and turning it into Karma Police...

Early Oasis was a combination of Sex Pistols, T Rex, Slade and Nirvana with a smidgen of Stone Roses on top. A bit derivative but really really good songwriting and brilliant live, on a good day at least. And later Oasis ripped the Rolling Stones and The Who way more than the Beatles.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Cant stand them, bunch of mouthy dicks imo.
    Wouldnt bother me if we never heard from them again.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • I think it was more Liam Gallagher who was doing the rehashed Beatles thing, with his attempt at looking like John Lennon half the time.

Didn't mind a couple of their tunes but not a fan overall.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    I was a huge oasis fan when I was 16 but became seriously bored after Be Here Now. I never really got back into them after that.
    I loved Noel's solo record though and me and my other half have seen him play twice in the last 2 years. the gigs were awesome and he seems a lot happier on stage now.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    ....and that Beady Eye was the last incarnation of Oasis, without Noel.

It sounds like everyone has fallen out with everyone....
    Apparently Liam and Noel made up at a family wedding and have been in contact with each other ..

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Cant stand them, bunch of mouthy dicks imo.

Me too. What is it with that Manc Walk they do? They look like chimps with full nappies.

• Thats bad news indeed
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Leaving Oasis and going solo was Noel's smartest move in a long time, and he'd be a fool to go back to it at this stage in time. I think a reunion will happen in the future, but nostalgia needs a bit of time to bloom...bit early yet.

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12655
    Lets hope not, they are dull as ditchwater, and I'm from Manchestoh, couldn't get away from Liam clones in the 90s

"OUR TOSSPOT"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Leaving Oasis and going solo was Noel's smartest move in a long time, and he'd be a fool to go back to it at this stage in time. I think a reunion will happen in the future, but nostalgia needs a bit of time to bloom...bit early yet.
    They could just tour and do a few summer festivals .. I guess it could be a we need to earn some money .. not sure how much they have made out of their respective solo careers. An Oasis tour would be a big money earner ..

• martmart Frets: 5213
    Me too. What is it with that Manc Walk they do? They look like chimps with full nappies.
    Good point. Watching Stones Roses on TV the other night it was just the same. Maybe there just was a lot of incontinence about Manchester then? Or maybe some folk were taking some funny drugs? ;)
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1143
    being in bands in Manchester in the late 90s was horrendous because of that lot....people on stage wearing fucking big coats done up looking like nobs.....oh and not being able to play... :D

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 667
    chillidoggy;392532" said:
    I never really got people thinking Oasis sounded like The Beatles. To me they sound more like Slade, or The Sex Pistols. Even his more acoustic stuff tends to owe more to Burt Bacharach IMO.

+1. Never understood this either. Insulting to The Beatles to mention them in the same breath. Then again I never got the whole Britpop thing. They'll reform eventually and make a killing in the process.

Cant stand them, bunch of mouthy dicks imo.

Someone's been reading Viz.
    ;)
  • Moltisanti;392797" said:
    being in bands in Manchester in the late 90s was horrendous because of that lot....people on stage wearing fucking big coats done up looking like nobs.....oh and not being able to play... :D
    I'm still slogging away at it :)
  • I could see a possible compromise would be to reform Oasis under the banner 'Noel Gallagher & His Under-Achieving Brother' 
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.